Christians Know Who God Is

by Loi_241 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Loi_241
    Loi_241
    Coded Logic, I see yes it does not sound like the makings of a "true message" to me. Thank you for explain. I understand now. :)
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    redvip2000 has an excellent point. I was talking to a couple of Christians at my Dad's nursing home a while ago. One of them said Jesus told us to go and make disciples of everyone. I said "Well only 1/3 of the world identify as 'Christian'. That says more than 50% are not Christian so you guys haven't been doing the greatest job, have you?" And once again, the deer-in-the-headlights look ensued.
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    The OP makes a number of very unconvincing and unsubstantiated assertions.

Well said. Simply saying something is the case does not make it the case. And empty assertions are not going to convince anyone of anything. If people want to be taken seriously, they need to show they have good reasons for believing the things they believe.

• megaboy
    megaboy

Seems someone was questioning what I had said about Tyre. My point still stands, Tyre was an Edomite territory, infact Phoenicia in it self was heavily influenced by Edomites (Red people), though it had some shared residence with other nations like some Israelites. You can look into Phonecian records if you want, even Josephus mentions they have record of it. There are ancient receipts showing Tyre being under Babylonian influence as well.

Because of what I mentioned early, Tyre was also used interchangably with edom referring to race. Its hard to trace edomites because they would run from kingdom to kingdom, gain influence and rot it from the inside out until they were able to control it as a race.

Also, I want to bring up to anyone how dangerous it is to assume that a location that has people in it today are the original or that the place is the exact location.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit