Since waking up from the cult I've been curious about where the cult is going and how will it end up? Will it fizzle out or become a little fringe "religion" like Plymouth Bretheren or the Shakers?
We've already seen the cult evolve from:
- CT Russell being the faithful and discreet slave
- Worshiping Jesus and Jehovah
- Vaccines discourages, blood transfusions lauded
- Rutherford being the faithful and discreet slave
- Worshiping only Jehovah
- Blood transfusions banned, vaccines lauded
- Blood transfusions revised to "fractions" and a conscience matter
- The 144,000 being the faithful and discreet slave
- Armageddon before 2000
- Armageddon within an overlapping generation
- The governing body being the faithful and discreet slave
- The governing body helpers being around to run the show when the GB are "in heaven"
Of course, these are all passed off as "refinements" or "revised understandings" but really what we're seeing is a "religion" that doesnt know it's ass from it's elbow reacting to the times.
My personal prediction is that we'll see another splinter. Either some GB members will start their own cult or when the GB are dead and the GB helpers get to run things they'll blame the old failings on the current GB of Lett, Morriss and Co.