How have Jehovah`s Witnesses ever gotten away with being a Tax Exempt Religion ?

by smiddy3 22 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

In fairness , JWs are by no means the worst offender in this regard. There are some real weird ( and even damaging ) "religions" claiming charitable status.

Interesting article here:

https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/the-commission-should-remove-the-advancement-of-religion-as-a-charitable-purpose-says-report.html

Among other things , it states that 12,000 UK charities list "advancement of religion" as their sole charitable aim.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think there a bigger players that would have to fall first before the IRS came after Wt.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    joe134cd - "I think there a bigger players that would have to fall first before the IRS came after WT."

Oh, I don't know.

If politicians and the legal system were facing increased pressure from the public (particularly in the woke-slash-hashtag-#metoo era), it might be easier to start out small.

The Org has no "friends in high places" to come to bat for them, they're not especially well-liked, and their offenses are actually genuine...

...ergo, they'd be the ideal candidate for the authorities to "make an example of".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit