4 Verses Jehovah's Witnesses fulfill today, can you think of more?

by raymond frantz 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• raymond frantz
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Matthew 15:13-14

13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

2 Timothy 3:2 (For 'men' read 'the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses(tm)).

For men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, railers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

• Duran
    Duran

Ezekiel 13:1-16

“Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel, and say to those who fabricate their own prophecies, ‘Hear the word of Jehovah. This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: “Woe to the stupid prophets, who follow their own spirit, when they have seen nothing! They have seen false visions and foretold a lie, those who are saying, ‘The word of Jehovah is,’ when Jehovah himself has not sent them, and they have waited for their word to come true. Is it not a false vision that you have seen and a lie that you have foretold when you say, ‘The word of Jehovah is,’ when I have not said anything?”’

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Their own wt article fits them so well!

Do Not Be Misled

In his study of the Hebrew Scriptures, Philo made sure that he was “not omitting any allegorical meaning which may perchance be concealed beneath the plain language.” However, as found at Deuteronomy 4:2, Moses said regarding God’s Law: “You must not add to the word that I am commanding you, neither must you take away from it, so as to keep the commandments of Jehovah your God that I am commanding you.” With all his apparently good intentions, Philo added layers of speculation that, like a thick haze, obscured the clear instruction of God’s inspired Word.

“It was not by following artfully contrived false stories that we acquainted you with the power and presence of our Lord Jesus Christ,” said the apostle Peter. (2 Peter 1:16) Unlike the writings of Philo, Peter’s instruction to the early Christian congregation was based on fact and on direction by God’s spirit, “the spirit of the truth,” which guided them into all the truth.​—John 16:13.

If you are interested in worshiping the God of the Bible, you need truthful guidance, not interpretations based on human thinking. You need accurate knowledge of Jehovah and his will, and you need the humility to be a sincere student. If you study the Bible with that wholesome attitude, you will get to know “the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus.” You will see that the Word of God can make you “fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”​—2 Timothy 3:15-17.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

2 Tim. 3: 3 - [and they will be] unloving [devoid of natural human affection, calloused and inhumane], irreconcilable, - (AMP)

• Duran
    Duran

13 Jehovah says: “This people approach me with their mouth

And they honor me with their lips,+

But their heart is far removed from me;

And their fear of me is based on commands of men that they have been taught.+

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?' Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers'…” - Matthew 7:21-23

😈

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

Duran...

Since, as you claim, you've never been one of Jehovah's Witnesses. How do you know the things you do?

Remember in our earlier discussion on the thread on the Trinity, when I talked about people who either grew up in or were actual members of the religion, you said you were neither. Where do you get all your knowledge?

Why do you quote from the NWT?

I ask out of curiosity at this point. In our discussion you were adamant to point out you were never one (or that my comments about being associated with Watchtower religion and being brought up in it did not apply to you). So where are you getting all this?

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

And by the way, here's one that I think applies to the JWs:

Beware that you are not led astray; for many will come in my name and say, "I AM!" and "The time is near!" Do not go after them.--Luke 21:8, NRSV, using the footnote reading.

According to scholars, the reading: "Many will come in my name and say, 'I am he!" can also read, "I AM!" This, according to academics means that false prophets may come employing the Divine Name and claim that only they know the time of the end. Here Jesus warns his followers: "Do not go after them."

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Luke 10:30-32

"“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jerʹi·cho and fell victim to robbers, who stripped him, beat him, and went off, leaving him half-dead. Now by coincidence a priest was going down on that road, but when he saw him, he passed by on the opposite side. Likewise, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the opposite side."

Some JWs are like the priest who pass by on the opposite side.

Some JWs are like the Levite who pass by on the opposite side.

Some JWs are like the robbers who hurt a person and go off on their way.

Some JWs are like the victim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit