Do you remember the music in the 80's ?

by Finkelstein 58 Replies latest social entertainment

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Myself and another Jobo at the time were forbidden by the elders to play in a band. We argued 'Hank Marvin does', but we were slapped down. The elder that took the lead buggered off with some bird he worked with, never to be seen again.

I play in a band with the guy now. We won!!

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

Hi Love Uni .. Was fortunate to see Getting Away With It performed by Johnny Marr a few years ago. Also saw Peter Hook perform a couple of New Order albums in full with a few JD songs. Opened with Atmosphere if that means anything.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My all-time Favorite Five are from that decade:

Number 5

Number 4

Number 3

Number 2

Number 1

• LV101
    LV101

Mick Jagger - Dancing in the Street video is great. He's amazing -- looks like he won't be coming through for his concert and that's disappointing but not sure my ears could survive one more RS concert -- air force ear plugs would probably help. Guess my cell ringtone (Stones) is all I have left -- You Can't Always Get What you Want.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The rough Rock & Roll lifestyle that people like the Rolling Stones lead takes its toll health wise.

I had personal experience with this myself.

People are still amazed Keith Richards is still living as well other members of the Stones.

Well we have to add a video /song from the Stones .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLVmBOOqVU

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I wish that the video could've included my second favorite part of this song after the Vincent Price monologue. It's the part that goes, "Night creatures call and the dead start to walk in their masquerade..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
  • APieceOfShitNamedTate
  • LV101
    LV101

Thx, Fink, for the Stones' video -- yeah, they looked pretty aged last concert here but you wouldn't believe their celeb following at their shows -- unreal and the price of the great seats but money well spent!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit