I have to get this off my chest...cult equals guilible

by Sour Grapes 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Two weeks ago while visiting a friend in North Carolina, I agreed to go with him to the Sunday public talk. The public talk was about how the Witnesses have the direction of angels while going in service. The speaker told some real doozies and you could hear the "oohs and ahhs" from the audience. Let me tell you two stories that made want me to stand up and scream at everyone. You can see if the stories have the ring of truth.

Two brothers while in service in New York City were in an apartment building in the lobby pushing the intercom buttons to see if someone would answer from the appartments. One lady answered and asked the two brothers where were they and the brothers replied they were in the lobby. The lady question them again and they repeated they were in the lobby. Well the lady did not live in the building and somehow the brothers when they pushed the buzzer for the intercom connected to the the ladies cellphone in a different building and she jsut happened to want a Bible study. I thought the audience was going to start clapping.

The second experience was a lady several years ago was given the phone number of a witness who called on her and let the householder know if she ever wanted to reconcider her offer for a free home Bible study to give the witness a call. A few years passed and the lady went trough a rough patch in live and she thought that she needs to study the Bible. She forgot where she put the phone number of the Witness. One day the lady goes to the library and borrowed some books to read. She took the book home. Low and behold one of the books she actually already borrowed several years ago and when she picked it up the phone number from the witness fell out from where she placed it when she first had the book. A Bible study was started and she is now a Sister. The Witnesses were now getting very giddy.

There were more experiences but you get the gists of it. For all of these things to happen it just had to be Jehovah God was using his angels to find those hungering for the Truth. What more proof would we need. I just sat there realizing that being in a cult makes one stupid and terribly gullible.

I wanted to take the platform and bring everyone down to earth with the following stories:

In December 2012, a charter bus with 32 JW's going to an assembly on it slammed in an overpass at the Miami Airport killing three Witnesses.

September 2015, in Dallas Texas, four Witnesses leaving the Sunday meeting in a car were hit broadside killing everyone in the car.

In 2007, five elders on the Regional Building Committee were killed in Elizabethton, TN when their small plane crashed going to visit a hall about a new Kingdom Hall.

Novembe 2017 in Honduras. A bus load of 69 Jehovah's Witnesses crashes over a hillside killing 14 Witnesses and injuring over 50 more of them.

So let's recap...angels can make an appartment buzzer ring a ladies phone in a different building and they they make a lady borrow a book she borrowed already several years ago so that a phone number could fall out of it but they could not tell a bus driver he was going the wrong way. The angels could not have had the sisters leaving the Sunday meeting be delayed by a few seconds so the car that slammed into them would have gone by already. Why didn't the five elders on the Building Committee just drive a car or wait for better weather. And of course the bus in Honduras. Certainly the angels could have arranged for a better driver of the bus.

So in the talk several people, because of the hand of God, became Bible studies and in the new stories I mentioned 26 Witnessed died serving God. You tell me if you believe in angelic direction.

The above just makes my Sour Grapes

• Listener
    Listener

Isn't this just believing in omens or that some kind of magic is at work?

• atomant
    atomant

Yes well 8 million witnesses, the odds are that coincidences like the ones you portrayed will happen.lts a numbers game.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

Actually, you summed up the answer without even realizing: "So in the talk several people, because of the hand of God, became Bible studies and in the new stories I mentioned 26 Witnessed died serving God. You tell me if you believe in angelic direction".

Angelic guidance and/or protection has never been about "temporary life" but about "everlasting life".

• Warren Wilson
    Warren Wilson

Let's not forget all those year book experiences of concentration camp guards miraculously not seeing watch towers and song books. Incidentally,if they had gone out and voted against hitler they may not have been in there.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I fully agree with you that all those stories are stupid. I also believe that many are made up. Do you notice that they are never told in first person? An in the decades I was a JW hearing all those stupid stories, never, not once I heard of anyone knowing any of the people involved. It always happens in some distant place away from where people listening to the story are.

Anyway, the one thing that I'd say, though, is that although I'm not an expert in the matter, I believe that gullible is not what I'd use to describe people who love hearing those stories or people who join the WT and other organizations that harm them. I think that any person at any level of intelligence can fall in the hands of the WT. Just my opinion. I can't tell by my own experience since I was born in.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here's some more:

1) Missouri, USA: An Elderly Pioneer kills two people on the way to the Memorial. That's right! Not after the most sacred night, before. Way to go, Angels...

2) Missouri, USA: Elderly Sister kills a worldly boy on a skateboard! The Eldumbs arrive and comfort the Sister. Angelic direction made sure the Eldub network responded to the scene in a flash! They made it before the Ambulance! Nevermind that they were two minutes from the scene of the accident. Jeehoober be praised!!!

Way to go, Angels. Imagine the "witness" that could have been given if an Angel swooped down and saved the worldly youth! Surely, the family would have asked for a bible study! Instead, they buried a child.

DD

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Well the lady did not live in the building and somehow the brothers when they pushed the buzzer for the intercom connected to the the ladies cellphone in a different building and she jsut happened to want a Bible study. I thought the audience was going to start clapping.

Can that even happen? If I'm following this correctly, they pushed a button, the intercom button to get access to one of the individual apts in a bldg but this time when pushing that button a cellphone can be called? I guess with all this modern technology that can be done, but obviously that intercom button rang a cellphone of someone who doesn't even live in the bldg? Really not buying this one, tell the Elders to try again, this sounds just as bogus as the Avon Lady story that was going around when I was growing up in da troof .

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses follow a Bible Canon that was formulated and approved by apostate Catholic Christians of the 3rd Century and endorsed by apostate Christian Protestants of the 16/ 17 th Century

Go figure

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yes SG, JW talk is rooted in angel fantasy, it's garbage for the gullible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit