What Makes JWs Unique?

by neat blue dog 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

"They are the group of Christians..."- only in their own minds. Nobody I know considers them 'Christian'.

"...His will.."- you mean like hiding pedophiles? breaking up families and not allowing natural affection? making requirements on dress, make up, hair cuts, etc...? Those things do make them 'unique' as far as religious folks go. Most religions claim love, family, helping widows and orphans, feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, etc...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I understand that the OP is being ironic but I think JWs are unique in that people think they're harmless. They come to the door or stand at the carts smartly dressed and have a respectable look about them.

People think they're nuts but harmless. They don't connect them with cults that break up families and use young people as cheap labour. Even with years of kids dying for lack of a blood transfusion or even recent child abuse news. This is the most dangerous thing about them, they seem so benign and I think that is probably unique for a cult.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    They are the group of Christians that Jehovah is using to accomplish His will on earth in this time of the end.

A cultish group, the most devout members display serious delusions of grandeur.

So sick is the attitude that some JWs will associate with apostates, frequenting apostate platforms such as forums and seeking to engage with them, even though this is in direct contradiction to the teachings they claim to follow!

The delusions of divine favour run so strong, this especially applies to the devout nutter types.

Looking at you, a watcher

• tiki
    tiki

"No money collections".....just perpetual rants to donate...and quilting poor ones to shell out money they need for basic daily living.....

• Ding
    Ding

Unquestioning loyalty and obedience to the GB, aka "the faithful and discreet slave."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit