Are JW's non- violent

by notalone 22 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Judging just from my own experience with my born in not baptized husband that suddenly decided after nearly 20 years to study the JW again. The JW changed his personality to a violent one. I wouldn't have dreamed he would push me around, body slam me or shoved me across a room , but tat is exactly what he did when deep into JW studying.

So my opinion, yes, it brings out violence , at least in men against wives and probably children. If there is a tendency, the JW culture brings it out.

He stopped the studies and meeting etc, he has slowly stopped the aggression. It happened only once with the severe shoving across the room, and he was thrown in jail for that one. (He knows I mean business when I say I'm calling the police).

His leftovers are verbal abuse when he doesn't like to discuss , whatever. That is more a immature personality problem that the JWs exacerbated. And stonewalling.

We are still, still working on trying to repair this marriage ( we have a child) , but he is still not talking about his previous deceleration that he would be baptized. So I don't know what the eventual outcome will be.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You're in my heart NJWS.

Sylvia

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Corporal punishment of kids is common and JWs are emotionally and psychologically abusive just as they have learnt from their big ole narciccist daddies the GB. The abuse cycle is generational as all who grow up within the group end up with effed up view of themselves and others some incapable of healthy relationships. There is more than one type of "violence."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit