Love the don't use a gun for self defence by Gary Bro

by mickbobcat 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I just watched that stupid talk by Gary While E Bro on not using a gun for self defense but it went deeper. I was that you don't defend yourself against Violence. Well ain't that great from an asshat living in a gated and guarded compound. Typical of the cult. I still have my letter from the cult HQ telling me that it would be better to die in this system and use a gun or weapon and kill someone and be blood guilty. This was what started me on a road to looking into the cult and its history. I figured any group that thinks so much more of its Public persona than its members life's can go fuck them-self most expeditiously.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

More Doublethink from the religion more dynamic than an IP address (i.e. they move the goal posts a lot).

David, the man who would have the Messiah come from his bloodline, begins his career as Jehovah's appointed ruler over Israel by slaying Goliath with a shepherd's sling. You know, the ancient ancestor of the firearm. David goes on to be King of Israel and is lauded for slaying tens of thousands.

"But that was righteous warfare ordered by Jehovah!" says the Watchtower.

Well, either using violence is righteous or it is not. Mistranslating Murder into "kill" doesn't help the cause either.

I am all for non-violence and non-violent resolution. I also know that some people are just out to hurt others and to let that happen is a greater wrong than using violence to stop them.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I still have my letter from the cult HQ telling me that it would be better to die in this system and use a gun or weapon and kill someone and be blood guilty.

My girl is in her early 20s and is a competition shooter. She can draw a gun in about one second.

If it was my girl in the video below, the man would have been shot about 12 times in 3 seconds. First few would have been head shots.

So young and yet she understands that evil people exist in this world and they will kill you just because they can.

People who say NO GUNs are really ignorant of REALITY. They live in this fantasy world believing that God will will protect them and their family, until the worst happens to them. But then it's to late.

WARNING, THIS VIDEO IS VERY GRAPHIC AND BLOODY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMzQfb6ZgKU

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

When seconds count the police are only minutes away and Jehovah is light years. So I will rely on myself not a made up god.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

In the talk he said to rely on wisdom and not weapons. But it is wisdom to rely on weapons. A weapon is a tool and you need the best tools to do the job when not having tools won't do it.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Interesting, because back in the day owning guns was allowed for hunting and the like, even self defense was allowed I thought.

I know several elders that have various rifles such as semi-auto and shotguns. So when someone breaks in, tweaking out on meth with an ice pick coming at you, you’re not allowed to stop them.

My daughter living with her PIMI mother loves shooting, she’s 10 and she can accurately hit a target ~20 yards with her crossbow. I also have a 9mm carbine she can handle. If the “world” is getting worse as they claim, the argument for owning is stronger.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I wonder if Gary Bruh would even defend his own wife from an attacker??

DD

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I guess the WT's own Awake magazine must be lying then: Quote edited to make the point.

*** g 6/08 p. 11 When Is Self-Defense Justified? ***
    When You Are Threatened
    Pursuing peace does not guarantee that you will never face violent attack. If confronted by an armed robber, a wise person will not resist giving up his valuables. Surely, life is far more precious than belongings!
    On the other hand, what if a person’s life is threatened by an assailant?
    The Bible. . .indicates that a person may defend himself or his family if physically assaulted. He. . .even may strike a blow to stun or incapacitate him. The intention would be to neutralize the aggression or stop the attack. This being the case, if the aggressor was seriously harmed or killed in such a situation, his death would be accidental and not deliberate.

No sane person would go seeking trouble, however IF it comes I for one will be goddamned if I just roll over and let serious harm or death come to myself or family members! WT be damned if they expect that!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

are you guys referring to bro Bro ?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

This cult is so full of itself. The letter I got back from the cult about this said specifically that one would not want to use a gun in self defense because of how the world neg. views using a gun. LOL.So its all about image not security.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit