Making Every Thought Captive To Christ(Washing the Brain Of Good Reasoning)

by Brokeback Watchtower 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Not a very good idea to say the least. When I read Paul's words the more I see how delusional the guy was. He was a genuine religious fanatic who contradicts Jesus words on the sermon on the mount.

2 Corinthians 10:5 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Delusional and in need of some serious psychological help. He's the one who said to disfellowship people that don't do what he says. He even wish for those who promote circumcision would emasculate themselves.

This is religious indoctrination that knows know bounds.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Paulie clearly had issues, I think.

• Listener
    Listener

I was surprised to learn how much of this one guy's writings made it into the NT.

• waton
    waton

Jesus: once brainwashed, the condition will become eventually seven times more severe, so avoid it at all cost. Luke 11.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Paul definitely was a religious fanatic and it seemed to me he thought a little too much of himself and a very warp sense of his birth right:

2Cor. 11
    16 I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then tolerate me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting. 17 In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool. 18 Since many are boasting in the way the world does, I too will boast. 19 You gladly put up with fools since you are so wise! 20 In fact, you even put up with anyone who enslaves you or exploits you or takes advantage of you or puts on airs or slaps you in the face. 21 To my shame I admit that we were too weak for that!
    Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about. 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Paul got everything about JC 2nd or 3rd hand ,he never met JC and ,apart from his supposed conversion on the road to damascus ,so why are his writings given so much importance in the New Testament ? If the Bible was indeed inspired by God ?

And why didnt Jesus write anything down if as the scriptures say "his sayings were such that it would take volumes to write them all down " or words to that effect.

If that was truly the case why were first century hearers of Jesus privy to his sayings and we in the 21st century have no idea about ?

According to that scripture we in the 21st century are in the dark about most of what Jesus said ?

Was it all unimportant ? no relevance for todays society ?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

2 Corinthians 12New International Version (NIV)

Paul’s Vision and His Thorn
    12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations.

Paul vision on the road to hunt down more followers of Christ, and other heavenly visions was probably cause by temporal lobe epilepsy. Also notice Paul mock humility which he fools himself and others who accept his offered credentials.

Paul's temporal lobe epilepsy explained:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1032067/pdf/jnnpsyc00553-0001.pdf

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I sometimes wonder how much of this stuff actually happened to Paul or did he just make it all, or imagination being brought on by seizures, up and how much influence he had over Luke the self proclaimed historian who wrote act:

Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about. 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.
  • Dimwick
    Dimwick

Having read some of the posts on this site it has become very clear that some of the contributors have come to reject the authority of scripture. Some even appear to reject the reality of our creator. Those two go together.

So I ask "If that is really how you feel about God and his word - why are you here at all ?" Is it really just to complain about your lot in life ? Is it to try and destroy the faith of others ? So you have come out of a cult religion, which is in fact a part of Babylon the Great, does that somehow prove that God does not exist ?

I understand that there is a great trauma from the realisation that the religion that you spent so many years serving is actually false, because I have suffered in the very same way. It took me many years to stabilise my mind. But I never lost my faith in Yahweh and Jesus Christ, and I still spend time researching scripture. Why ? Because I believe that God exists and I love him. I believe the promises that he recorded in the scriptures. "For no matter how many the promises of God are, they have become Yes by means of him." (2Cor_1:20) That is a reference to Jesus Christ, who demonstrated total loyalty to his father.

So, you who are embittered against God - do not poison the waters that others drink.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit