Does anyone know what this is?

by Tameria2001 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Yesterday my sister cut her foot on a piece of metal that was sticking out of my yard. I've lived in my home for almost 8 years now, and well I'm guessing this thing must have worked it's way up to the surface or something, never seen this thing before. I started to dig it up, and the thing just kept getting bigger and bigger. I even called the water company, because I wasn't sure if it was something that belonged to them or not. I didn't want to take a chance of digging up something that would cause bigger problems. So with the help from my brother in law and a guy from the city, they manged to dig up this thing, and I don't even have a clue to what it was at one time. Does anyone have any ideas what this thing is?

• cofty
    cofty

Some sort of rotary cultivator blade.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ding ding ding! Cofty wins!

The device is also called a "tiller" and all of those blades are supposed to be straight.

It is a great tool to have for preparing garden beds. I have a Mantis (brand) tiller, and it is great!

https://mantis.com

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Thank you very much, I'll let my sister know this, mystery solved.

• Listener
    Listener

Make sure your sister is up to date with her tetanus injection.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Wow, yes, tetanus update for sure. Aside from the injury to your sister, this had to be kind of exciting. Do you live in a rural area that would have been a farm at one time? Is it heavy? You could take it to a metal scrapyard and get a few dollars for it.😁

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Post-exposure tetanus shots contain a blood fraction, in case that would bother you're conscience.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Yes it took three of us to carry the thing to the back yard, I'm planning on scrapping it. Before me was one other person who owned this home, and before that it was part of some farm land (about 15 years ago), but it is now a residential neighborhood.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Always exciting to find something like that. My hubby lost his wedding band doing yard work (that was his story anyway), never did find it even when his uncle went over whole yard with metal detector. Hope your sister heals quickly. 🌷

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't think you can get tetanus from touching a rusty object. Rust is not a pathogen.

The problem arises when a rusty, dirty object pierces your skin, so DON"T DO THAT.

"Spores of the bacteria that cause tetanus, Clostridium tetani, are found in soil, dust and animal feces. When they enter a deep flesh wound, spores grow into bacteria that can produce a powerful toxin, tetanospasmin, which impairs the nerves that control your muscles (motor neurons)." -- the InterWeb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit