3 years in the making

by Judgerussellford 17 Replies latest jw friends

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    I'd rather spend my time treating them they way I wanted to be treated

That is why I wouldn't agree to a shepherding visit for myself. I would respect someone's decision to be left alone and to walk away on their terms. The JWs cannot, as they see their efforts as lifesaving attempts. But I am not required to humor them, especially when I know what they will do once they know I have no interest of returning. I can, however, leave them alone and I expect the same courtesy in return. If they cannot manage that, I feel no obligation towards them and would not feel guilty if I said no thank you, I do not wish to meet, you may take whatever action you deem necessary.

But I also respect each person's desire to handle such a stressful situation in a manner that suits them. Best of luck with the visit, I hope it goes as you wish for it to.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

If you really wanted to fade, you should totally ignore any thought of meeting with them. Yes, them! Because that elder will not come alone. This is nothing more than an investigation to determine if they should go beyond a "friendly?" chit chat. You cannot be altruistic with them.

Prepare for the worst.

• fulano
    fulano

It will be a long night because they can count the time.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Any hounder wants to pull that stunt on me? I hope you, and the whole group of hounders you send, know German. Otherwise, you will get nowhere.

• Simon
    Simon

Just keep putting it off and bumping the date.

Screw them, so they can't screw you.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

If you go through with it be sure to answer their questions as U.S. Congressmen do.

Elder: Do you believe this is the one, true religion?

You: Brother, that information is a matter of public record.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ Judgerusellford

Do well to get us a recording of your conversation with them. It might be of use or one to listen to.

Regarding DA

It all boils down to personal decision as it suits the circumstances and situation.

Were you a slave when you were called? Don't let it trouble you--although if you can gain your freedom, do so.(even by DA).

For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave.

You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men.(even by DA)

Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to.(even by DA)

Since they see DA and DF as same I rather let them remain in their judgemental mindset of grouping DA as those who they states in their manuals.......

"Of course, contact should not be made with active apostates, with those who are trying to lead others into sin, or with those who have made it known that they want nothing to do with the Christian congregation."

After all...... Whoever exercises faith in him is not to be judged. Whoever does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

What right do they have to call others

1. Those who lead others to sin?

2. Apostates?

3. Those who have nothing to do with the Christian congregation?

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

I appreciate all the comments, and I apologize if I sounded rude. If you met me in person, the way I speak is completely different from my writing style. In writing I become a little more passionate in my words. And that is more for long haired gal because I feel like i came across as very rude to you and i apologize if i seemed that way to you.. everyone here just wants to make sure everyone here is safe from it all.. took most of us a long time to get away from it.. But to answer concerns and comments, I am 100% prepared for a JC. it would honestly be a relief I just wanted to put it off for the sake of my grandmas heart because she's a life member and will be in till she dies but I love her. I am aware that its to decide to do me or not and I'm fine with that. I'm happy with my life and if they don't want me in it thats thier loss. I'm far past being scared of people not liking me. High school was a long time ago and I dropped out of that too lol. As for the ones of you who won't ever meet up with them, good. They really don't deserve it or you. And its definitely a better route than I'm taking but I just got to close this chapter in my life. And yes I realize they're counting time and if they wasted 6 hours here talking to me its they're time wasted. As they want to plant seeds, so do I. Will it work? Probly not. But it is what it is. I was expecting this visit on Saturday but lo and behold, he never texted called or showed up! (Sigh) sooo still waiting. I will try to record it for everyone and throw it on my channel on YouTube. As soon as I delete my only 3 crappy videos I'll share the channel name and post it. But the other 3 are way to cringy to share to you guys lol. I do appreciate everybody's input though. I apologize again if I was rude at the start I did not meen to sound like that at all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit