Remote Translation Offices (RTO) of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Brokeback Watchtower 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Condemning "Satan's World" whilst asking it for help.

Now there's a "left-hand-not-knowing-what-the-right-hand-is-doing" thing if I ever saw it. :smirk:

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Good points made in the thread and the O/P had a lot of research. Well done!

My take is that this push for RTO's has contributed to the dumbing down of the literature. When Jackson was before the Aussie Commission he said his field was translation and the first consideration of the Writing Committee was "Is it easy to translate". So many offices , so many volunteer translators who are not trained academics . They have only a working knowledge of the language - so it has to be simple...

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I wonder if they will solicit funds in the congregations by setting up contributions boxes directly going to to these RTO's.

I was reading in an European ex jw forum and they were talking about letters designating funds for RTO's.

It's all about the money.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Eh, the WTS has probably trained all those translation "experts" by using Harry Cotton's ESL courses as a foundation entry point.

Old Harry Cotton's interests are being looked after well, I would imagine.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This is the same religion that sends 3 English and Spanish people door to door in Texas and seek out Spanish householders. When the householder, whether my husband or I says that no, we speak English, but most everyone else in neighborhood speaks Spanish, they say thanks and leave probably the only person who will actually answer the door all day with no kingdom message, small talk, nothing. I wonder how many people they will blow off that doesn't speak the targeted language in spite of the fact that everyone at the door speaks a language in common natively and fluently. Those are the only JWs we get other than the white English speaking brother who shoved an invitation to convention at us without a word chatting with his partner as he stepped off the porch in pure texas English.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit