question for those who either aux pioneered pioneered

by enoughisenough 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I vaguely remember vacation pioneering in the early 80`s most of the time working alone I got to hate it ,couldn`t wait for it to be over .

• Magnum
    Magnum

I did it because I truly believed (with the exception of the nagging doubts and unanswered questions that I always had) it was right - that billions of lives were at stake and the end was imminent. It was years of excruciating misery. I slaved and suffered and sacrificed, all the while not only not getting paid, but paying (in the form of donations) my "employer". The "pats on the back" were almost insignificant compared to the gripes, misery, tolerating nutty JWs, facing guns and other opposition in the field, working awful part-time jobs to support myself, giving up education and financial opportunities, etc. If the org had been right, then what I did would have been extremely worthwhile and I'd now be glad I did it. However,... well, you know.

• contramundum
    contramundum

I always felt uncomfortable talking to strangers and disliked the D2D work.

It was only when I was experiencing a very difficult time in my personal life that I decided to aux pioneer for 3 months running to express my thanks to God for helping me through this period (as I saw it at the time).

I had 2 young children, a part time job to maintain and was going through a separation, but felt it was the right thing to do , to put God first rather than focus on my own problems.

A couple of months later, I applied to aux pioneer again but my application was declined by the elders because I had decided to finally divorce my serial adulterous husband. I was bewildered and heart broken because the elders were sending out the message to the congregation that I was "not in good standing" with God when I had done nothing wrong.

Even though they refused to officially recognise me as an aux pioneer and my name was not read out amongst the list of other pioneers, I determined to complete the hours because I had made a promise to God.

Even though the elders' harsh attitude cut me to the core when I was at my most vulnerable, I see now that they did me a favour. It opened my eyes to see they were nothing but wolves in sheep's clothing and it was this that started my exit from the religion.

CM

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

I did it cuz it was the "right thing to do". My parents pushed it hard. I was a year or two late on the softening of the college WT article.

I did two years as a regular auxiliary. I rarely hit my hours- No one worked past 3pm. No pioneers took me on a bible study. It was hellacious. There werent even any cute girl pioneers.

• Ding
    Ding

CM's experience illustrates that the WT religion is driven by guilt trips and judgmentalism rather than by love and encouragement.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I had a way of not knocking on doors but placing alot of Watchtowers and Awakes in the public trash bins on the street corner where no one was looking.

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus

My boys were pretty high maintenance when they were young, and I didn't get much help with them, but I was guilted into auxiliary pioneering because as an elder's wife I should be seen at more field service meetings. Nobody wants young children in their car group (unless they are like Caleb and Sophia in the videos), so I would end up having to take the lead driving, doing my calls, taking notes for the territory we were working on, all the while minding kids and encouraging an adult publisher in poor mood and poor health. Finally, I reached the point where I couldn't put my kids or myself through it anymore. I took my kids to parks, the zoo, trampoline gyms, everywhere but service. The boys were happier but I felt more and more disliked in the congregation. How can you continue to support an organization that forces you to choose between the well-being of children and popularity?

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Aux for 15 years and an RP for 3. Sooo much pressure to become a "full-time servant" and more after becoming one: Hourly requirements, studying more than I studied for my college/uni courses, special meetings almost every month (especially when the COs would come to call during their visits), and so forth. The only time I was relieved of dealing with this TITLE was when I was taken off of the list (due to financial situations at that time/constant job searches). And I REALLY relieved that I don't have to deal with this cultcorporation any longer either!👏🏽

• Mum
    Mum

I remember when it was called "vacation pioneering," but was changed to "auxiliary pioneering," probably so they could get people to do it even if not on vacation.

I auxiliary pioneered sometimes, probably because I was an elder's wife and felt obligated to meet certain expectations. I remember putting the word "Caucasian" in the blank on the application that asked my race. I didn't question the reason why they had to know your race. Anyway, one of the (ignorant) elders obviously had never seen the word "Caucasian" before, and brought my application to me, pointed at the word, and looked at me like I must be from Mars. He didn't say a word, just gave me a very quizzical look and pointed at the word. I just said, "That's right" and turned away.

• waton
    waton

Full believer here, hitting the ground running in 1957, the bible message of the peaceful world imminent, destruction of warmongers, warriors and their war crimes, had to be heard by all, with cuban missile crises confirming the urgency. Started Pioneering 6 month after baptism, "specialed" in foreign language field 6 month later.

we were paid 45.- ffor 150 hours, no extras for clothing, car or accommodation.

The whole thing unravelled with the sh---- coloured "--- let every man be a liar book" , and the "superior authorities" flip flop.

Gave wt one more chance up to 1975, my last pioneer year. pathetic false prophets.

No regrets, the deity can not say we did not try, innocent like doves. but

feel sorry for the born ins, whose possible brilliant lives, advances were stymied by wt's criminal anti education stance. ( and their parent's desire to hang on to elder positions at all cost)

all for the sake of the golden calf, the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit