Left Bethel to get married and have children, found the TTATT instead

by jehobi 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    Interesting intro, leaves me wanting more. Welcome stay awhile and participate.
  • sparky1
    sparky1
    Nice to meet you, Jehobi. Lots of ex-Bethelites here, including myself. You will get a warm welcome here.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome jehobi!

Thank you for sharing. You will find most on here are caring and want to help. We have all been there and experienced what you are going through.

It's sad that a family can cut you off once you leave. I can't imagine EVER cutting my family off for not believing the same way I/we do. This is how they are conditioned. I think you have to be a certain kind of person to remain in this cult.

Glad to hear you are moving on with your life. Tell us more about yourself.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    Welcome jehobi!
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Welcome jehobi, and what a story! I'm very, very sorry about your cousin, what a horrible loss

I have a question, does your wife know TTATT too?

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Welcome Jehobi! Sorry to hear about your divided family but as you know it's an issue a lot of us face. I look forward to reading your posts.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

What? No juicy Bethel stories to tell??? Come on, you have to have at least one.

Well, welcome anyway!

Lisa🌹

• Giordano
    Giordano

That moronic blood doctrine was the reason my wife and I left back in the mid 1960's.

When Jonestown happened and 960+ people drank the kool aid or were murdered for not drinking it I hardened my feelings about the WTBTS when I realized that in all probability the the WT killed off that number of people every year and for no purpose. It's way higher then that number because a lot of life saving surgeries could not be done without blood. So you'd hear that someone passed away because of a bad heart, or cancer any number of things that required a transfusion to keep a person stable so that other treatments could be performed.

Some one once asked me why the JW's were so proud to carry a no blood card when it was really a suicide note.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    At last, someone who knows how to get to the point! Tell us more of your situation as you are able. Strength to you.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Well, I'm sure your experience was at least a little bit more intense than your synopsis makes it seem, but you get bonus points for not embellishing the story in any way.

I'm sorry you went through this and look forward to additional posts by you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit