BBC poor grammar - but FUNNY!

by BoogerMan 19 Replies latest social current

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

How is journalism done these days? From the prevalence of dumb, easily spotted mistakes, I'd guess that it's voice to text with very little checking. It probably doesn't help that a lot of "helpful" programs with autocorrect will change things while and after writing.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

They might sport a university qualification in journalism, yet cannot spell correctly if their lives depended on it.

Contrast that with my late mother, who -along with her siblings - never even attended high school. Yet, they were all meticulous with their spelling. By Crikey, but if one of their sons or daughters made a spelling mistake, the reaction was almost as if you had printed a naughty word!

• Listener
    Listener

The editor used to be responsible for this.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Listener, yes, and they used to have sub-editors who went through articles with a fine-toothed comb.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

so I think it was an newcastor who used the word irregardless for the word regardless, and somehow the word irregardless ( which wasn't a word? ) has stuck in people's vocabulary

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ten bucks says “irregardless” will show up in some dictionary or other before too long.

“All words are made-up.” - Chris Hemsworth, Avengers: Infinity War

😏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Which reminds me…

… is “misunderestimate” officially a word, yet?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Here’s another:

Why… and how… would an embassy (regardless of where it was) kill a guy just for attacking a crossbow?

😵‍💫

• FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum

he means "dis-service" department

gb is not faithful neither are they discreet

they are unfaithful and brazen

he means ill-legal department

philip brumley is a law breaker

he and his dept break both jehovah's laws and caesar's laws

wt-land: they are poor and funny/ridiculous/morallystupid

fakers

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot, I looked that one up, it was so badly phrased. The embassy didn't do Jack, it was Serbian police that shot the guy. Can journalists even journal any more?

And the poor crossbow! 😭😞

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit