2017 Conventions

by Maryo 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They should discontinue having these Grand Boasting Sessions--even without terrorism. How much do the jokehovians pollute driving each way to the session? Many travel substantial distances. They get motel rooms, that pollutes to a degree, too. It wastes energy to light the venues and to control the temperature. And for what?

I think the only reason they continue ruining the environment is to control what people experience. There is no preventing someone from hitting the big red X on the upper right of the window if they do not like the broadcast. Or, they could be playing Led Zeppelin or Billy Idol music on another window or another device while the video or podcast is going. Not to mention, there will be many that donate zero. At a venue, people can be guilted into donating money.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    • Maryo2 days ago2 days ago

I personally would not feel safe to attend one of these conventions. it is clear from the kingdom hall bombing in Australia in 1985 that divine protection is not going on with regard to these kinds of events. Perhaps if a serious incident occurs, the WTS will reconsider the wisdom of holding these large events in today's world!

• The Aussie bomb was 32 years ago..and not terrorist related. May I ask, " Would you go to any event? Or shopping mall ? A much softer target. A certain risk is always present and accepted in a free society. ...sometimes I wonder though if they might use it as an excuse to stop them . They removed food service on a pretext. Given their love of their new video toys , they could use it as the reason to save money and subject everyone to another back breaking bladder marathon at the K/hall using vids "from our studio".....YUK !

• sir82
    sir82

The WTS will NEVER discontinue assemblies & conventions.

They are, by a huge margin, the biggest cash cow they have.

In the US alone, the WTS has a "target donation level" of $10 per publisher, per circuit assembly.

1.2 million JWs in USA X $10 per CA X 2 CAs per year = $24 million per year from US circuit assemblies. and most CAs exceed the target, so the actual take may be $30 million, 40, or even more.

And that is virtually 100% pure tax-free profit. Most if not all assembly halls have already been paid for, and there are little to no expenses outside of utilities. Any needed maintenance is done for free by volunteers.

Summer conventions rake in even more cash.

• waton
    waton

wt/jw are quite safe from extremist attacks. how close is "theocratic order" actually to sharia law? may be they are searching for bull horns ? banners?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit