Sued by inmate, North Carolina concedes Witnesses are distinct faith group, not subset of Protestants

by Corney 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Beyond procedures for religious activities in North Carolina prisons, the decision means essentially nothing.

JWs remain a branch of the Adventist movement which is derived from Protestantism.

• Corney
    Corney
    "Exercise their faith" is exclusively a WTS/NWT term, eh?

Why? It seems to be widely used and synonymous to "exercise their religion", like in the First Amendment.

I can't help but wonder what else was up here, maybe some Protestant chaplain wanting to "convert" JWs? Or if the "single person" was Brown, maybe the chaplain was trying to convert him? Or maybe just keep visiting JWs out of the prison? Or maybe it was money? It "would be a tremendous burden on Alexander C.I."

He didn't claim that anyone tried to convert him. Maybe prison officials were just afraid that Mormons, Unitarian Universalists, Adventists, Pentecostals and others, lumped together as Protestants in their policy documents, will ask for separate services too?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Can the pentecostals have snakes?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Corney - "Maybe prison officials were just afraid that Mormons, Unitarian Universalists, Adventists, Pentecostals and others, lumped together as Protestants in their policy documents, will ask for separate services too?"

Wouldn't surprise me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit