Memorial this year?

by carla 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

In short, this will be the second consecutive year Jehovah's Witnesses will not be holding the Lord's Evening Meal as their own teaching prescribe.

"Keep on doing this in memory of me," has been the Watchtower headline for their "Memorial" of Christ's death. The Watchtower pride's itself for conducting the Eucharist as Jesus himself did almost 2,000 years ago.

Step 1: Gather the congregation together in one room on Nisan 14.

Step 2: Say a prayer and pass emblem #1.

Step 3: Say a prayer and pass emblem #2.

For the second year in a row Jehovah's Witnesses will break with their own belief system. Instead of holding their Black Mass of rejecting the body and blood of Christ they will be staying home to listen to the same talk that has been given for decades only streamed over the internet. What does this reveal?

The real Memorial Jehovah's Witnesses conduct is just a 45 minute talk sandwiched between a song and a prayer. The real Memorial is held for the benefit of the "Great Crowd" and casts scorn to those who claim to be Annointed brothers and sisters of Christ.

The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses? Hardly!

Just another Yahweh cult? Absolutely!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I simply won't do it at all. I simply refuse to waste the time and money buying a camera and setting up a zoom account just so I can be observed helping the reptilians inherit the earth. They will do that soon enough, with or without my help, and I simply refuse to waste the time and electricity watching something that stupid.

• waton
    waton

The passover was actually a family affair. Jesus, not being married, did it with his friends.

The zomm wt mode of doing it comes actually closer to that ideal; also, Jesus passed the emblems to people with an earthly hope,

Ray Franz and friends did an apart celebration too, and thousands do it every year privately after "the meeting".

This new private setting, with camera off is the golden opportunity to act out your great beliefs in privacy.

A better cook might actually do the baking for you. openly.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We received an invitation this year by mail with the "Return to Joe Hoover" brochure. First invite in 10 years.

• waton
    waton

There was a stunning full moon on the eastern horizon last night, passover, memorial must be a month from now.

The marker of the spring equinox.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It looks to me as though this year the JW's have synchronized with our Jewish friends and agree on 27th March for Nisan 14th. In a good number of years the JW's go their own merry way and say Nisan 14th is on a different day to that which our Jewish friends put it.

If this was out of some desire to be accurate then I suppose it would be understandable, but as the Gospels differ on the day of Jesus' death, surely the day of the Last Supper cannot be established with any certainty ?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

We've never had any zoom here so it would be hard for me to imagine the memorial being done that way!

I remember the last one i attended (by that time nobody else in my family was willing to go), it was 2011 or -12. They had it in a funeral home chapel, which had been the arrangement for a few years, since there were four congregations it wasn't possible to use the KH for all of them.

But from the first year we went to the memorial, the main thing talked about was what the gals were planning to wear and where everyone was going to eat afterwards. Most people I knew were buying new clothes for their entire family.

So we did the same thing - got all gussied up in new clothes. The event was dull with a little terror when the wine was passed and we were scared of spilling it. Then we went to someone's house and had snacks. Got home and put our new clothes away.

I never bought new outfits just for the memorial again. They weren't needed, as I learned!

• Overrated
    Overrated

No need for that day for wine and bread when I can have it anytime I want, no zoom needed.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I can't understand why each person has to have their own red wine and bread.

Surely (when we were in) we were always told that the other sheep were only there as respectful observers. So if they are zooming it either from Warwick or from a local location, can't the OS just observe?

As for putting emphasis on "passing the emblems" that is the height of nonsense. It makes a tradition out of moving a plate/tumbler back and forth! What is meant to be the spiritual significance of that? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Keep on doing this in memory of me,". But how do we have a remembrance of Jesus. We never met him. We only know him of stories that we read of him. Thus the remembrance of him is by rereading those stories, not passing bread and wine. Thus the bread and wine were only for the apostles in that room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit