Telehealth Doctor's Visits Provided by JW Drs. - Coming Soon?

by JWTom 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JWTom
    JWTom

There is a Zoom meeting in our area this coming weekend to educate anyone with a healthcare background about "volunteering" to be part of providing health care through online Zoom doctors visits. Evidently JW doctors across the US are volunteering to do free Zoom consultations that are technically real doctors visits. Don't have many details other than I saw some of the letters from Petra where people could sign up for this.

Wondering if this is already happening in some areas or if anyone knows more about it? For anyone that might volunteer there is a very real concern about any liability that a healthcare worker would have in actually doing this? Drs. usually have insurance that covers them if they are in a private practice....but most healthcare workers liability insurance is through an employer and would not cover them giving free healthcare to others if they ended up being sued.

Interested in more information if anyone has it....

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Zoom, Zoom!! Just invited to a Zoom dinner this weekend. How does that work? We watch each other eat for a couple of hours?

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

I guess it would be similar to Teladoc and other type medical programs where a visit is via internet. I don't know about liability. For sure WTBTS won't be liable. Will try to weasel out if anything goes wrong.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Just wondering, can you do the OBGYN thing on Zoom with sisters if you claim you're a doctor (or know someone who is a doctor)? Maybe have them do the examination thing as they listen to your instructions?

Maybe this is the new normal.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There has to be money in it, if WT is doing it.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I wouldn’t trust that setup at all.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Some letters and forms about this were leaked recently. The patient must sign a waiver that says something like 'I won't sue Watchtower or the JW doctor/nurse'

It's basically a 'best effort, no guarantees' thing.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

JW family is doing a ZOOM worldwide museum tour with JW guide. They "toured" Jerusalem last weekend. It is a payed tour.

Don't know if it's informal. But someone gets the money.

G.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I have heard of the tours also. I expect they are off the scale boring but everyone has to find them interesting. When I went on such tours for real, you gave a donation to the guide. It went into a brown sealed envelope - which looked a bit suspicious to me.

Maybe you are supposed to pay somehow, but it must look like a donation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit