Theramin Trees: Responses to Child Abuse, Jehovah's Witnesses in the dock

by Diogenesister 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Theramin Trees, psychologist and ex jehovah's witness, has done simply the most carefully constructed, rigorous and utterly damning reveiw of the role of Watchtower in Case 29 The Australian Royal commission into institutional responses to instances of child sexual abuse.

Although the Ex JWs community have gone over the CARC ad nauseaum, anyone who is familiar with the work of Theramin Trees or his brother ;Qualia Soup, will surely be aware that the quality of their work ensures this will likely be the definative video on the subject.

Cannot recommend highly enough, people!

https://youtu.be/TsvJMlg_SaM

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Instant upvote for pointing to Theramin Trees.

Please be aware though that he is not an exJW. He was raised in a strict religious family but definitely not JW!

• steve2
    steve2

I have yet to watch this video and will do so when I am somewhere more private than my current situation allows. Theramin’s videos are well produced, informative and very watchable. I agree: He does not come from a JW background so his comments on cult thinking tend to range far more widely than JWs. That said, there is so much in the videos that will register with those who are troubled by JW organization.

• zeb
    zeb

I looked this over and it left me shaking. It is an excellent production in itself and the (CARC) ARC results are being lost by the lack of Australian Govt will to act against the perpetrators.

To date the wt is the only org that has not signed up to the(Australian) National Redress Scheme.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Anders, Zeb, you were right. Appologies everyone, he grew up in a strict religious community!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Astonishingly perceptive!

An independent report on the callous disregard for the welfare of the abused for the sake of slavish obedience to uphold a squeaky clean image which the organisation did not deserve.

All practicing JWs should learn of this as it demonstrates that the governing body care nothing at all for the feelings and well being of their flock, they only are interested in one thing: protecting their own reputation.

I hope this issue will be the final straw for the JW organisation.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Bumping this thought up. Still Totally ADD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

TT is OUTSTANDING!

His work is brilliant. Check the rest of his catalogue for other great videos - many of which talk about JWs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit