Ottawa or Philadelphia?

by JH 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Who do you think will win the series between the Ottawa Senators and the Philadelphia Flyers?

• JH
    JH

I say Ottawa will win the series. Canadian teams are always better

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I say: OTTAWA

And Scully will be the extra goalie if needed .

• larc
    larc

JH,

Here is my take on the subject. I think that the incidence of neurosis is very high among Jehovah's Witnesses. Major depression, low self esteem, anxiety, and suicide are high, I think. This is based on inference as to how the dynamics of the religion create an unhealthy mental environment.

I did a survey here regarding the symptems of depression, low self esteem, and anxiety. I had 80 people respond to the survey. About 75% of the respondents said that they had one or more of these symptoms as JW's. After leaving the religion, the number with one or more of these symptoms dropped to 33%. That is a huge difference.

Now, regardomg psychoses, such as schizophrenia, I don't think the religion has anything to do with it. Psychoses are primarily genetic in nature.

I think there are many cases of misdiagnoses of JW's. Let us suppose that you were a typical Witness and you go to a therapist and tell them the following: Jesus began his reign in 1914, but it was invisible. Jesus threw Satan out of heaven in 1914, and that too was invisible. Satan and the demons now live in the vicinity of the earth rather than heaven and Satan is angry and stirring things up.

How do you think you would be diagnosed? Paranoid Schizophrenic. No question about it.

• Scully
    Scully

RAYZORBLADE:

God help the Senators if I was their extra goalie. I hate them so much I would make sure they lost.

Hmmmm.... on second thought.... that's not a half bad idea.

Love, Scully

• larc
    larc

What the blink happened. I wrote something to JH's mental health thread and it ends up here. What the fork is going on. Am I loosing my mind, or someone trying send me over the edge?

• JH
    JH

I'm sorry larc,

I'll have to behave. I started a thread, and 30 minuts later no response, so I changed topic. Sorry.

I should be fined 100$ for this.

• hoodwinked
    hoodwinked

JH: Tell that to Edmonton and Toronto! LMAO!

Philly in 6!

HOODY

• berylblue
    berylblue

GO FLYERS!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Philly won, thank God. We're going to another stellar game 7, we're not going to win over the Sens that easy....woohoo!!! FLYERS!

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit