Why Do People Post Here

by Victor_E 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Victor_E
    Victor_E

All actions are tied to two forces pain and pleasure. Under these two forces are personal needs of an individual and these are as varied as the number of posters. However all of these have the lowest common denominator of pain or pleasure.

The current debate of lack of race or ethnic diversity in postings can be summed up as pleasurable or cathartic outlet of pain for English speaking individuals. In my own experience I get very little pleasure from writing and posting as I once did. I once wrote to Simon to open up a section on JWD for Spanish posters but it never materialized and I’m ok with it. It takes much time and energy to stay with a forum such as this.

I prefer to lurk and read about 5% of posts that match my personal interests at this stage of my life. I refer you to a previous post I did on a related topic.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/35189/471429/post.ashx#471429

Victor Escalante

• hippikon
    hippikon
    pain and pleasure

I always get those two confused

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Victor,

Like you I look for:

posts that match my personal interests at this stage of my life

However I also look for post where I can help others in their stage of life, especially those in a difficulty stage of exiting. Many did that for me two years ago.

Steve

• waiting
    waiting

I don't post as often as I used to, for a variety of reasons. Reasons ranging from good/bad/indifference/doing other things off the net.

But I like to check in, read some.....learn, share & touch base with other persons.

It does take effort to interact on a big forum - and I appreciate the effort others put forth to interact with me.

Btw, from meeting people here.....generates the possibility of meeting people in life situations. Like, I met jst2lws for the second time recently. I always meet others too - making us more social creatures with shared interests.

Thanks jst!

waiting

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Victor

I can imagine that the reason Simon never created the Spanish speaking forum is because of the difficulties in moderating it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit