Met the new CO (correction officer) this week

by truth doubter 19 Replies latest jw experiences

  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

    First impression, he's a control freak. He got up several times to correct the servants on lights, sound and speaker stand positioning. Give me a break.

    My first response was, "Give Me A Break". Otherwise seems like nothing has changed. Same old guilt trip I heard 40 years ago.

  • David Graham
    David Graham

    So this can be flipped for our benefit then. Wasn't there a hi profile case involving a governing body! This is part of the lying media too isn't it?

    So, really, what the CO is affectively saying is that Geoffrey Jackson lied too!

  • Lostandfound
    During the CO visit how does he take the lead in field ministry, does he have his own cart with signage to say "I am a CO"
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Let's review: It's a cult!
  • Darkknight757

    The last time we met with the C.O. with the other elders he proceeded to chastise us on having phone numbers along with the door to door territories.

    We had a co a few years back who said to do that in order to reach more people. So we would go door to door, then phone those we couldn't reach with the death dealing message.

    The current co said that was no good that door to door should not have phone numbers. So now last I checked since I haven't been out in service for months, they are back to getting 1% of people home with no hope of getting the other 99%.

    Actually it's good for them, bad for the dubbie dubbies.

  • jookbeard
    thank god I dont have to suffer these jumped up,neurotic self absorbed ego maniacs anymore and towards the end of my jw life I became more more angry with their petty pointless ways, imagine how the elders felt! The last two CO's were the final straw.
  • Gorbatchov

    They could be great Nazi's in the last century, with their Hierarchy acting.

    I know some CO personally. They are not all stupid. Some are even pretty to talk with, to eat and drink with.

    That was the same with Nazi's. Some were very friendly and charming. That was not the problem.

    Their absolute Hierarchy and organizational loyalty is the danger.


  • WTWizard

    Let them hound me about the lighting too many times, and they will be told that one more hounding and I will turn them all off and leave them off. Then it will be pitch dark--I hope the hounder-hounder has his Fenix LD22 flashlight before being that dumb.

    And nothing for the Worldwide Damnation Fund, either. Not even a "green handshake"--those things create negative value. Money put in those boxes gives me negative value, regardless of how much the hounder-hounder insists that I need to put in. Hence, my budget for Worldwide Damnation Fund donations is the same for my budget for cancer sticks. Which is zero--and they can hound all they want. It remains zero.

  • DesirousOfChange

    Let's review: It's a cult!

    OMG! Where is Oubliette? We haven't heard from him lately!


  • ttdtt

    We got the exact same treatment. I think the "End isnt coming soon" crap was especially funny.

    Gee where would publishers get the idea that it might not be coming Next Tuesday?
    Maybe for the Idiot Splain and his CHART that showed the time past 2015 about the same size as the time before?

    Gee - wonder why???

Share with others