New Translation Record as 13 Bibles Are Released in One Weekend

by Wonderment 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wonderment
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Here were the imminent scholars who faithfully discharged their translating duties with reverence and integrity.

Cartoon Room Adventure game Illustration

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Edit: Oh, it isn't new editions of it, it's translations into 13 new languages. Impressive, to be honest.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Wow must be high demand in these part to join the Knights Templars. You'll be able to tell the zealots - ask them if they know how to say Governing Body in Tzeltal.

I'd love to know if the Welsh translation contains the word 'boyo'.

• hoser
    hoser

As usual the headline is misleading. Not all of the releases are complete bibles, only 4 are. I wouldn’t exactly call the book of Matthew in the Tewe language a bible.

• St George of England
    St George of England

We still don't have one in English yet. That's REAL English, as used by the British, not the US version that contributes to the lack of spelling ability of British JW's.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would really like to have a print copy in the various languages when they come out but I don’t suppose there’s any way to actually do that unless you have good contacts. Back when they sold the literature at least you could order and buy copies of whatever you wanted.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

translated into modern "English" as speweked in Eastenders would be cool innit.

nowotahmean 'Arry.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I learnt sign language (a bit) but very few deaf people came to the meeting. Then I was encouraged to take up deaf/blind sign language. I managed to find a blind person who was almost interested but I never found a deaf and blind person who wanted me to sign into the palm of their hand.

It all seemed a waste of time.

And I don't know how they managed it but somehow they got a hearing transgender to have a study and attend the deaf group. I believe he had fathered 3 children but now identified as Daisy.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

A couple of observations could be made here from this WTS announcement.

First, the Society, although obviously cutting expenses lately in many areas, this does not seem to hold true of the VIDEOS Department, and the Bible Translation projects. These still seem to be going forward at full speed.

Secondly, as poster hoser noted above, not all these translations are of complete Bibles. However, if recent past WT translation practices are of any indication, we can expect them to finish their started projects in due time.

Thirdly, what's monumental about these announcements, is that they are introducing Bible translations in rare languages, whether we agree with WT practices or not. Even religious adversaries can potentially benefit from these publications eventually, since they would have one more incentive to follow up with their own evangelical versions.

For some of us, this may be irrelevant, but in other sparse languages any new publication added in their field is a big plus to their communities. The Divine Name (Is. 42.8) also gets further prominence, after being intentionally obscured by religious leaders for ages.

And fourth, no matter how much WT adversaries disparage their translation efforts, the fact is that no other single religious entity -as far as I know- has gone-as-far as translating one single Version into other 200 languages, in whole or in part. For instance, by being the first to publish the complete English Bible in Sign Language, and now extending this effort into other languages.

Now, if we could get the WTS to tame down their authoritarian structure, and be kinder to those holding other opinions, then we would not be so indifferent to the notorious WT legalistic ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit