Were You Guilty Of "Love-Bombing"?

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some easily can do it. Others can't. I was not very good at it.

• minimus
    minimus

We have 2 sisters that used to always make a public display when a new one would come thru the door. It appeared that these people were the most loving people on earth. Since there are lots less coming into the "truth" these days, the sisters have little to do.

• minimus
    minimus

ahhh.....What's a love bomb?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yes, I was forced to love bombed all of the incoming teenagers.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Not at all. No one paid the least attention to me except a few brothers made inquiries about me, and the sister who studied with me told them I was married.

Rosemarie

• minimus
    minimus

Beryl, I think we might have a slightly different take on "love bombing".

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Nah. I was always indifferent towards the new people. I had enough trouble dealing with the present set of miscreants.

People would tell me that I had to reach out more. So, I would promptly reach for their throat.

ash

• freedom96
    freedom96

I usually stuck with those I already knew. Plus, towards the end, I would barely make it there in time, and leave as soon as it was over, so there was not much time for anything.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I wasn't part of the KH welcoming committee. I had enough doubts and disillusionment, even long before I left, that I wanted to walk up to newbies and tell them "this religion is crazy!"

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

No love bombing from me. I hung out with a select few and that was it. If someone new cam to the Hall I would speak and move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit