Belgian court decision

by vienne 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
  • careful
    careful

Thanks for the link. Massimo's at it still!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

A law designed to ban shunning was turned down by the dutch minister of justice mid december. It will be exciting to follow the upcoming court case in Norway on monday.

• menrov
    menrov

I understand the decision. The impact would be too big if it would be forbidden. Jewish organizations will appeal as others, incl. Non-religious organizations.

It's difficult to define a general definition of shunning. In my view, it might help to apply the same practice to JW's. Shun them where possible so they can experience the impact themselves.

The bad practice in WT land is that the leaders want to enforce their shunning practices on all its members and there are consequences if you do not comply. It therefore becomes an enforced practice and not a voluntary application of the practice. But very hard to use this in a court case.

The peculiar thing is the shunning is not something that Jesus instructed. It's a human practice to protect their own interest. Create a short movie (like the one shown during a convention about not responding to a text message) and share on social media. It will have far more impact and not illegal.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There is a powerful case that shunning breaches the human rights of the vulnerable individuals such as children, the mentally ill and the elderly who may suffer more deeply from the cruelties of loneliness due to the way modern society is structured.

Article 8: And what about the right to family life?

Article 9: Freedom of thought and religion (specifically for apostates in this case).

N.B. Massimo Introveign is an absolute fraud and has to be in the pockets of these cults because there's no way someone purporting to be an academic supporting freedom of thought and belief could champion Watchtower. He frequently outright lies in their defence, too.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Freedom of thought and religion (specifically for apostates in this case).

They always make a big deal in court about freedom of thought for themselves. They make a big deal about religious discrimination and play the victim.

But they would never consider that they discriminate someone who used to be a witness now thinks they are wrong about something and chooses to believe something else.

With the gay videos they said to say to gay people “we don’t push our beliefs on you so please don’t force me to have your beliefs”

I wish JWs would be like this

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit