The many lies within the Jehovah's Witnesses religion

by Finkelstein 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jws think their organization is the most honest and righteous Christian based faith in the world solemnly chosen by god because of that.

I thought it would interesting to evaluate the many persistent lies the JWS propagate from the top leaders down.

First up the many lies and biblicaly unsupported doctrines made by the WTS own leaders such as pin pointing the exact year and time of Christ's return and establishing his throne in heaven, once in 1874 then 1914.

Why did they not adhere to Jesus's own words of no one knows of the time and he admonished his true followers to not set a time upon god's own sacred time is a puzzling mystery, maybe not considering the WTS used this proclamation in proliferating many of its pieces of literature since its inception as being a religious publishing house.

The three separate times the WTS used the 6000 years of mankind's existence over the years, the last making up 1975.

Doctrinal lies and goof ups are plenty, strewn across the time and duration of this organization.

There are many lies propagated by the JWS about the people who make up the body of the organization as they are morally superior and behave simply better socially than other people in general.

Can you add to this list of lies ?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

Notice how this was presented as a FACT: you WILL never grow old in this present system of things.

ALL the evidence in fulfillment of Biblical prophecy indicates that this corrupt system would end in a few years.

Copied from user "Ding" here:
    https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/257320/1969-fact-you-will-never-grow-old-this-present-system-things

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In relation to the WTS setting of times and calculating dates pretentiously with undermining hype and intent of commercializing literature, this makes the JWS not true Christians preachers and or followers of Christ..

One of the more recent lies perpetrated by the WTS is the condemnation of other Christian faiths for covering up incidences of pedophilia within their organization.

The JWs religion is overly judgmental toward its members, right to the length of their hair, their dress, who they should associate with and what level of education they should get.

Wasn't there something in the bible by Jesus's words of not being overly judgmental over one another ? , that he will be the one who judges the heart condition of ones who come to him.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Why does the "faithful slave" teach that only elders are permitted to talk with disfellowshipped ones about the Bible?

wt 15 4/15 p. 31 - "For the sake of reminding disfellowshipped ones of how they can return to Jehovah, elders may periodically visit those who have given some evidence of changing their ways."

Why are J.W. friends/relatives forbidden from doing likewise? Isn't every JW a qualified minister?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Biggest lie. The bible is gods word.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FAST JEHU:

Some months back there was a thread covering the Awake 1969 article you mention....That article was fifty years ago. Any young JW who heeded this unwise advice HAS grown old and is probably over sixty and in a predicament!

I cannot stress enough that I am thankful (to the point of getting down on my knees) that I never listened to the Witnesses back in the late ‘70s...I never caved in to peer pressure or labels of ‘not spiritual or theocratic’🙄 because I refused to quit my full time job.

I would not be retired if I had listened to all these fools and judgmental idiots.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes get back to the lies and ingrained corruption of Watchtower publishing house.

Jehovah is nowhere near this organization or his son.

• zeb
    zeb

We do not shun.

but I have seen an Awake! magazine with a shunning displayed by tearful parents as offspring go out the door.

• blondie
    blondie

Remember if the WTS leaves out information (omission) and makes deliberately "misleading" statements, those are lies too.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I love the way some WT lies grew to be lies as time wore on.

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, it was much harder to show WT doctrine to be crap.

Now, it's so easy because it's self-evident: Armageddon isn't linked to the year 1914. Either God doesn't exist or God somehow exists but doesn't take an active interest in human affairs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit