AVOID ! : upcoming cult apologists conference

by yalbmert99 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99
    FYI:
    The 16-18 of june 2022 in quebec city, Laval university, Canada, there will be a conference organized by cult apologists CESNUR (european) and Info-cult/Info-sectes (canadian). Some famous cult apologists (Massimo Introvigne) will be there and some JW mid range leader from ontario David Docksteader too. Don't go there please! Beware!

See who is organizing it and who will be there:

https://www.cesnur.org/2022/quebec-final-program.htm

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Anyone remember what I said about the WTS increasingly doing everything it can to survive...

...(because "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization" simply cannot be permitted to not survive; otherwise it wouldn't be "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization", would it?)...

...and that real problems could and would arise when said survival measures - ultimately - can't help but undermine that very organizational claim?

I would count soliciting assistance from a group known specifically for its association with explicitly harmful (not to mention "false") religions as one such measure.

Just how anxious/desperate is the WT leadership starting to feel?

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Exactly, the WT is desperate and does anything to improve its bad reputation all around the world.

• vienne
    vienne

Avoid? Why?

• Gorb
    Gorb

The chairman of Cesnur is also "director of the Transylvanian Society of Dracula".

Over the years close rworki relation with Watchtower.

G.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    yalbmert99 - “…the WT is desperate and does anything to improve its bad reputation all around the world.”

Close.

In truth, I highly doubt they give a shit about their “reputation” at this point.

It’s all about shoring up their tenuous authority in the eyes of the rank-and-file.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Just how anxious/desperate is the WT leadership starting to feel?

I think the writing is on the wall.

We can only hope .

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Vienne: they are cult apologists, they attack anti-cult activists and they say cults aren't doing anything wrong

Thanks GORB

Vidiot: ya indeed

smiddy3: i hope they are (Watchtower) going to fall someday...

• vienne
    vienne

A scholars hobby does not negate his scholarship. Even we reject the content of the presentations, I do not think one should avoid this conference or the conference report if one is published. I will read the report if published.

Eileen Barker and George D. Chryssides are impressive scholars, especially is that true of Eileen. Even if one questions their conclusions, they are well worth listening to.

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

Nothing wrong with 'Apologia' if it's honest and in good faith.

Of course 'Dracula boy' tends to have a perspective based on who is funding him.

And the JW representatives at the conference will probably speak out of both sides of their mouths.

Info-cult is not a pro-cult movement though. I expect they will keep the actual cultists in line. The Q&A sessions might be interesting, if they have any.

But hang on, I thought JWs didn't engage in 'interfaith' activities which surely this is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit