Our COBE(Coordinator Of Body of Elders) Cried at the Kingdom Hall

by James Jack 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Sail away your post is so incredibly sad. He believes he has done the good " Christian" thing all his life, it must make you so angry for your poor kids and grandson though - oh how those GB have a WORLD of suffering to answer for.

Thank you for your kind words, Diogenesister. My kids were robbed of the experience of loving grandparents. My son was only five years old when he asked me, "Mama, how come Gramma doesn't like little boys?" It broke my heart. In their teens our children each, on their own, decided to stop visiting their grandparents. We supported their decisions. I was still an active JW at the time, but I honestly think my MIL is the most venomous JW woman I have ever known.

Mostly I have a deep sadness, but sometimes anger does creep in. I feel that they shouldn't have the right to know what is going on in our lives and the lives of our children and grandson. In these moments I remind myself that I choose not to allow anyone's unkind actions define who I am or how I conduct myself. The important thing is we broke the cycle of abuse. We love our children unconditionally, and we adore being grandparents!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Never mind. JW broadcasting will replace all elders soon. The elders will just exist to be scapegoats. The watchtower will then place the blame for paedophiles being protected on the local elders when the grit hits the fan. Unless there is a savvy judge. Meanwhile the 7 watchtower popes sit pretty basking in adulation, luxury and sexual perversions.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

you know what Punky I dont think we are too far away from the reality of that scenario at all, replace this guy with worldwide instruction from the 7 fuckwits of the GB via video hook ups into their homes.

• Kick50r
    Kick50r

So , a blind man that enforced Corporation rules upon others has step down so other "tech-savy" blind man will so the same to the next generation. Sad reality we live in

Unfortunately these were the people that conduct the LIES to our families , not helped them imo.... are they surprised that when no longer usable are replaced ? Its how a Corporation Works, unfortunately

“They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.”

Take Care

• sparky1
    sparky1

"this is the way of life on earth." - steve2

To-morrow and to-morrow, and to-morrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

To the last syllable of recorded time,

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more: it is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.- Macbeth Act 5 Scene 5

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "...Now, they too are long-gone, replaced by younger men..."

Rather karmic, actually. :smirk:

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Middle aged JWs are the most likely to leave in my experience, just as people are learning a bit more about life and are less idealistic. It would be ironic for the WT leadership to engineer responsibility to be passed on to 30-40 year olds only for most of them subsequently to leave. What do they do then?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

slimboyfat - "...It would be ironic for the WT leadership to engineer responsibility to be passed on to 30-40 year olds only for most of them subsequently to leave. What do they do then?"

Scrape the bottom of the barrel even deeper.

• rebel8
    rebel8

So what that they have big screen TV and a website? They could have let this man continue to lead the religion with its Bronze Age and Victorian values and teachings. God. He knows what to do--all he needs to do is keep it stuck in the past, and throw in a new apocalyptic prediction now and then.

What a shitty thing to do.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit