Clergy Penitent Privilege

by lastmanstanding 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe the lawyers defending victims need to get there act together honing in on this point that WT/JW`s claim in their publications that they do not have a clergy class.?

And see how that goes.

• James Jack
    James Jack

The problem is, they are to take care of Spiritual Things or Activities and report Criminal Activities! They have a mistaken view and can't separate the two. Lack of education, of an Organization, run by a bunch of High School graduates!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ - LHG: I still hear about "confidential" details of sins/disciplinary action from my previous congregation which is many,many miles away - from publishers, not elders!!!

Clergy/penitent privilege, my donkey!

Any JW who "confesses" any serious sin (or confidential matter) to elders, should save themselves time & hassle by just printing out their error and sticking it on the KH notice board!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    lastmanstanding - "Why would today’s corrupt courts let Watchtower enjoy something that Watchtower condemns?"

Isn't your answer already in your question?

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Vidiot

i upvoted your answer

• LV101
    LV101

There's serious corruption in the court system, however, not every case. When it comes to religion - WOW - that's where they follow the law (bad laws protecting religion) and those STATES that have and cling to that stupid clergy privilege (penitent privilege nonsense) need to come out of the dark ages and protect the children/people. Thus the WT cult skates off into the sunset - laws are on their side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit