TOP 10 REASONS (Why JW's can't cope with the Real World

by TerryWalstrom 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Great Terry...I have been gradually changing my worldview as I rid myself of WTS propaganda.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Having been immersed for a great many years in the online society of EX-Jehovah's Witnesses, I've grown accustomed to something which is easily taken for granted. What is that thing, you ask?

IT IS RARE to meet people in everyday life who have been forced to face being dead wrong about a "certainty."

Once that has happened, you have a completely reset personality.

Without it, you just drift along happy as a self-assured clam.

• azor
    azor

How true Terry. My awakening was the most humbling experience in my life. Feeling totally convinced of the "truth" from my earliest memories, and realizing how false it was the next moment tore me up inside.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I don't think I became cynical so much as I became skeptical and eager to research from exhaustive angles each new thing I encountered.

Naturally, the first thing I examined was the Bible itself. That was another bombshell, to say the least!

Lately, I've been reading about the chicanery in our financial system (especially the Stock Market) and the political pay-off systems, and I'm totally flummoxed.

It's no longer a question of Whom to trust, but why anybody should actually trust at all. Better is vigilant wariness and optimism whenever possible.

Hoping for the best in others and expecting the worst is as close as I can get to a creed.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Great analysis, Terry!

Eden

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    It's no longer a question of Whom to trust, but why anybody should actually trust at all. Better is vigilant wariness and optimism whenever possible.
    Hoping for the best in others and expecting the worst is as close as I can get to a creed.

Terry this is so true. We all either decieve ourselves or allow others, like advertisers, to deceive us, making us crave what we want in life as opposed to what we need.

I am still trying to work out what a homosapien needs, rather as you would try and work out what any other animal species that you are trying to care for actually needs rather than what they want. Dogs I am told would eat cake and chocolate all day if allowed to but cake is bad for their teeth and weight and chocolate can make them very sick.

Cults cater to our longing for certainty, our need for the approval of others and our fear of death. We have to be strong and realise certainty is impossible, the only approval we need is our own and every living thing dies so why be afraid of going to sleep.

As for trusting people, financial institutions, governments, trust no one, as Fox Mulder would say. Trust yourself most of the time, but be aware of your anachronistic brain that wants things you no longer need.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

That's just what I got Terry when I copied and pasted. Formatting is still off and there are still hyperlinks for some reason.

I'll create a pdf version then.

Cheers

• Dis-Member
  • TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Dismember, if you sign up for a free Google account, everything will work in that format. A Google Documents app runs as smooth as the contents of a baby's diaper:)

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member
    Terry Walstrom, One should not have to sign up to anything to simply read some text is my view. A Google Doc is limited in that can only be properly enjoyed by those with a Google account.. a pdf can be enjoyed by anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit