by Davros 14 Replies latest jw friends

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Virtue signaling.

RB

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Completely agree with the OP.

I haven't been to a meeting in 2 years and have been listening lately to the new communication tool they use on their tablets for meetings. My Mrs is currently listening to this in the living room and can over hear.

I too noticed the constant use of the 15th century name 'Jehovah' all the way through the watchtower article and in the answers and prayers. It's incredibly excessive and annoying.

What they don't realise is that it is a very over familiar way of refering to the creator of the universe. Could you imagine one of the queen of England's servants speaking to her by calling her "Elizabeth" !!!

Whenever Jesus prayed to God, he always referred to God in an a close intimate way by calling him 'father'. He even told those in the sermon on the mount how we were to pray to God.. "Our father, who is in heaven......."

Whenever I pray to God, I always address him as my heavenly father. I never refer to him as Jehovah.

The jdubs are way of track on this one. But hey, it's a cult!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Most glorious, all powerful, all mighty, heavenly father, grand creator...on on on

I hear so many titles it makes my head swim

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

repetition for emphasis.

oh GOD i cant believe i just thought that.

i need a drink.

• Half banana
    Half banana

"Jehovah" is the JW mantra.

To say something as frequently as possible gives focus to it. Endless repetition forms a deep psychological union with something whether real or imagined. In the case of JWs, this name Jehovah also involves the concept of the organisation which is inseparably associated with it. Why do the governing body stress "Keep close to Jehovah's organisation" so repeatedly? Well if there was a god would he care which group you associated with? Of course not -- by churning out the name Jehovah endlessly it is simply brand loyalty the GB are pressing with the hope of seeing the income needed to perpetuate their own crummy sect in a crowded religious market.

The objective of the governing body is to caress the minds of its victims followers with the mantra that they are "Jehovah's people" and as such they are part of his very own private and exclusive organisation.

Everything to do with Jehovah is total fiction with no method of proving it to be true . . . but a balm to the barmy nevertheless.

"Jehovah" is a talisman.

A talisman is a good luck charm, keep saying the word and you will get lucky at Armageddon. Pity Armageddon is also a fiction but carry the Jehovah talisman in your head just in case, it is ideal for comforting the superstitious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit