Sheep and the Goats - The Light Gets Brighter

by nmthinker 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nmthinker
    nmthinker

Perhaps some of you remember a new understanding of the sheep and the goats in the epic March 2015 WT Study Edition - specifically the article "Loyally Supporting Christ's Brothers".

While this article was studied many months ago, it was instrumental in helping me wake up. During my study of the 2015 article I recalled that we had just revised our understanding of the sheep and the goats a few years ago and this caused me to research the real progression of the JW understanding of this parable. I put the results of my research in an Excel spreadsheet.

http://imgur.com/UDnGfPn

What was shocking about this new understanding is how the judging of the sheep and the goats pivoted from mankind as a whole to a focus exclusively on JW's. According to this new light, those who are sheep are those who support Christ's brothers, either by preaching or, as the illustration shows, engaging in building and maintaining kingdom halls. If you don't do this you will be judged a goat. Logically then, the parable cannot be directed to the world as a whole, as they do not even know who Christ's Brothers (the anointed) are and therefore, cannot be expected to loyally support them. This logic is omitted and covered over in typical WT doublespeak form. But the underlying message remained, 'listen obey and be blessed.'

This article typified the tightening of control over the flock by the newly self-appointed Faithful and discreet slave - the Governing Body. The rank and file can either obey the GB and their appointees, or risk being judged as a GOAT and destroyed forever. They discarded teachings as recent as 2013 to drive this point home!

• cofty
    cofty
    Interesting thanks. Do you have any key quotes from the 2015 article?
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Some decades ago an elder has been disfellowshipped because he had another understanding about who was the sheep and the goat class, but I cant remember exactly what.
  • steve2
    steve2
    Nmthinker, are you aware the link takes the reader to other stuff as well, including what appears to be (your?) unrelated and possibly private facebook entries?
  • nmthinker
    nmthinker

steve2 I posted the link anonymously. I don't have a Facebook account. Can you PM me what you are referring to please? Thanks for looking out!

• nmthinker
    nmthinker

2013 Edition (Source - jw.org)

12 Jesus’ prophecy about the last days reveals that he will for the very first time act as Judge of all nations after the destruction of false religion. As mentioned in paragraph 8, some of the events that will occur during that time are recorded at Matthew 24:30, 31. When you examine those verses, you will note that Jesus there foretells events that are similar to the ones he mentions in the parable of the sheep and the goats. For example, the Son of man comes with glory and with angels; all tribes and nations are gathered; those judged as sheep “lift [their] heads up” because “everlasting life” awaits them.

13 So, then, what can we conclude? Jesus will judge people of all nations as sheep or goats when he comes during the great tribulation. Then, at Armageddon, the climax of the great tribulation, the goatlike ones will be ‘cut off’ forever.

2015 Edition (Source - jw.org)

“The sheep” and “the goats” represent individuals from all nations. These ones are not anointed by holy spirit.

And what of the reason why people will be judged as either sheep or goats? The outcome hinges on how they have treated the remaining ones of Christ’s spirit-anointed brothers on earth.

He [Jesus] describes the sheep as “righteous” because they recognize that Christ has a group of anointed brothers still on earth, and the sheep loyally support the anointed during these critical last days.

The growing number of prospective sheep count it a privilege to support Christ’s brothers not only in the preaching work but also in other practical ways. For example, they give financial contributions and help to build Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, and branch facilities, and they loyally obey those appointed by “the faithful and discreet slave” to take the lead.

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    Holy crap they are pushing the underlying message of making contributions as being what makes u a sheep
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In true wording what the WTS heads are saying that if you are to be of the sheep class (godly approved)

you must be obedient to the anointed FDSL (them) class and give ( them ) money and free labor for ( them) to sustain themselves.

Yet the WTS/JWS has always been corrupt false prophets which the bible says to avoid and stay away from !

If one were to closely adhere to what the bible says, being a JWS is being an identifiable mislead goat.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes it does appear that the WTS is winding up the control factor, with emphasis on money and labor, not surprising since its doctrines have been proven false and misleading and the organizational heads are trying to hold onto power as well the supporting finances from its followers. $$$

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I wouldn't say the sheep and goats are JWs only per the 2015 article, though in order to be preaching, one would have to be a JW, so maybe the sheep are. I would say the sheep would be JWs and the goats are JWs that don't engage in the preaching and financially contribute in addition to people from the nations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit