New York TImes artice 1/30/2016 Watchtower leaves Brooklyn

by NewYork44M 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I did not see this posted yet. I did not notice anything that has not already been discussed. But it is a high profile article in the real estate section of the NYTs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/31/realestate/jehovahs-witnesses-brooklyn-headquarters-for-sale.html?_r=0

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is already a Thread on this, entitled "Unbelievable, they had better not ask for money again", on which I posted this :

" For their part, the Witnesses do not view themselves as being in the real estate business. “Real estate is incidental to our mission,” Mr. Devine said. “We’ve never bought properties on speculation. When we no longer need them, we sell them.”

• I added this "Mr Devine is either very naive, or lying through his teeth. Property Speculation is their real reason for existing."

Also remember there is opportunity for us to comment after the article on-line.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    They have left Brooklyn with around $1billion. Off of what was non taxable land. Around $1billion of sold property. This is an immense blessing in a way for Brooklyn. Maybe now whoever acquires the land will pay their taxes as due.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit