2016 Memorial Done & Dusted

by steve2 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

Ugh boring. Waaaaay too much time in the talk about who shouldn't partake. And you much time on how we can earn salvation.

Always the funny ritual when the passers of the bread and wine sit down and get served themselves. It's so ridiculous.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Attendance seemed low here (Midwest US). There were some empty seats here and there, which is not usual.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    ah but freedo if every hall is minus six then it all mounts up or even if every hall is just minus one
  • greenhornet
    greenhornet
    When I get that memorial invitation in the door, it sends chills up my spine. The way I was treated with hurtful gossip. Now I just spit on it and throw it away. That has been 24 years now since i gone.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart

good for you green hornet

• All for show
    All for show

Memorial attendance was down huge, between 43-50 was the final I heard from dad. Lots of beards. Everyone looked beat down, over weight. It's sad.

So glad I'm never going again. I'm done. The talk was all about not partaking and how this isn't just a once a year thing to gain the gift. Blah blah...spent time outside letting kids play, say a one year old getting spanked. Made me sick. I went over and told the dad, I regret spanking my littles over a meeting. They're just kids let them be.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

I attended in California UsA, didn't see any partakers. One thing I did notice though about the attendance, i go to the spanish congregation, I came in right at the song & they had plenty of chairs where I sat 3 rows from the front at the KH.... attendance is not what it used to be in the spanish....they did not read the scripture of partaking unworthingly of the bread & wine!, I thought it was odd...

They did say faith needs works, going to meetings, being with God's people, aka Jws, will earn ur way to posible salvation... Also during the 1st prayer they said "Jehovah God" 11 times!!

• prologos
    prologos
    Surprised that this year's memorial talk outline did not mention the New Covenant, given that the "cup" of wine is supposed to picture just that. Surprising too, that the kingdom covenant is alleged to be part of the last supper celebration, when in fact it crept up at least a year earlier in the text. (Math 19:28). The Luke reference places the kingdom covenant proposal well after the conclusion of the last supper. so, if you hoped for a broader understanding of the celebration, partaking, not yet, wt is tightening down, giving importance to the few at the top. wt is skewing the explicit details of the texts. why?
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

So my memorial attendance was actually a little down this year. I think last year it was right around 190/200. This year it was 179. From where I sat I couldn't see many to judge if there was anyone new. When I was walking in I did notice some people that only come to the "big" events. I thought it was pretty comical how much they stressed NOT partaking. I also think it's funny that in the weeks WT, they contribute the numbers going up due to some having "emotional or mental problems." However, I didn't see anyone partaking at mine.

• steve2
    steve2

So JWs seek out all and sundry to invite to their annual "Lord's evening meal" memorial but then characterize anyone who "dares" to dine at the meal as "mentally unstable". WTF!

Hey, guys: You don't want anyone to dine at your meal, don't invite them! Make it a private party. Problem solved!4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit