2016 Memorial Done & Dusted

by steve2 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Steve:

Your OP reminds me that I have been some 18 hours behind rather than ahead on the clock of my addlebrain. It's been about 18 years since I was in Auckland, and I had forgotten that you folks are about three-quarters of a day AHEAD of us in California.

I have vacillated over what I should do re tonight. This is a time fraught with emotion for me. When I gave the Memorial talk some 35 years ago, all my family was present; Mum partook and, henceforth, never stopped. I awoke this morning, at 4:30, with firm resolve. With no further waffling on the significance of my personal point of view, I wrote a piece appropriate to the occasion on social media.

More later . . .

CoCo

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Considering that Nisan 14 is not for another 4 weeks or so...
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    Unfortunately I'll be attending tonight in the USA. I'll come back and report attendance numbers and partakers.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Will be attending this evening.

"Blah, blah, blah, same every year crap", then, nice meal and drinks with lovely people at some restaurant close by. It will be a nice evening.

DY

• steve2
    steve2
    Thanks everyone. CoCo, I didnt realize NZ is so far ahead in tne time zone -18 hours - compared to the States (which has its own time zones due to its vast size).
  • Stirred
    Stirred

First year not receiving invite. No calls or emails either. Saw the sisters pass my house. They know I'm in town and have known them for years. Too busy to call no doubt and that is okay.

Will be making my annual lamb dinner only a bit more casually this year. (Kids look forward to it as my big dinner). Will make flat bread for all to eat. Will discuss scriptures, calendars, Jesus' message and intent.

Will discuss the fact that passover is next month and whether it matters....leap year and all. What would Jesus do? Maybe we will celebrate both? Perhaps also review Purim on the calendar.

First year entire family and extended family not attending. Some will do something privately. We do not want to be a statistic considering how we have been considered unworthy, weak, bad association by so many. I dont fit in and now I'm fine with it.

They are not my eternal judge.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Still having to attend tonight but have not participated at all in the lead up. No ministry. No chucking out invitations. No bible reading. No hyping it up with the family.

I keep hearing the stupid line about this year possibly being the last year JWs will attend the memorial. I really hope it's my last year.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I was just over to the hall setting up. All things set up. The front row is reserved for the dog and pony show.

Tonight is the memorial.
    Now, in past memorials, as a server, we were required to serve the hall, after which, we had to scurry to the front of the hall and seat ourselves in the first row. Now came the dog and pony show.
    With all the server-bros sitting down, the brother at one end (me) would get up, serve the plate/cup to the row of servers starting from the other end of the row.
    He (me) would then scurry back to the end of the row where he (me) was sitting to receive the plate/cup he (me) just served. The first brother-server who was just given the plate/cup first by me, quickly rose and was standing by my side to take it back.
    Thus sayeth the gb.

I suppose the dog and pony will show up tonight likewise.

If you cannot step back and see this sanctimonious pomp for what it is, then God help you.

This is NOT what Jesus had in mind.

• steve2
    steve2

If Scripture is viewed by the JWs as "inspired of God" and Christ said, "Keep doing this [taking the bread and wine] in remembrance of me", but the bulk of invitees are told the emblems are not for them, why bother attending? Where in the "inspired" words of Christ does he mention truckloads of "Observers only"?

So much for "only" following Scripture. What hogwash!

Who ever recevies an invitation to a meal and is expected to watch while the diners eat and drink?

This is more than weird - it is woefully redundant.

Please do not invite me to a meal and then tell me to sit back and watch others dine!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

By accident I had left-over spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.
    Drank some red wine with it.

Merry Christmas everyone :-D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit