2016 Memorial Done & Dusted

by steve2 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Well on this side of the planet, the Southern Hemisphere/ New Zealand, the 2016 Memorial service in local kingdom halls will be over for another year. Another great big anticlimax.

Some family and relatives will have gone - but unless I ask my sister, I generally have no idea about attendance and partaker numbers.

If any on this forum have attended - or plan to do so in other parts of the world - could you briefly tell us how attendances and partakers compared with last year.

Many thanks, Steve.

• bohm
    bohm
    The first memorial where I did not get an invitation.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    The first memorial I did get an invitation :-D
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Last year i did the memorial at my house with my family. This year I can't even be bothered to do that. I wash my hands of all deaths and blood spilled in the name of religion.
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    I missed it. I am normally aware of when it is but this year I was oblivious even though I use the memorial as the anniversary of being "clean" as it was the last meeting I ever went to. :)
  • disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Well I will not be going so unable to be of any help. I hate the lead up to this every year, I get bombarded by my husband. He has left leaflets lying around which went in re-cycling immediately. And just put a lot of pressure on me to go. He said half an hour ago on his way out to invite strangers to it. Did your mum invite you to memorial? I said no. Can I invite you then? You already did, I said. Can I invite you again? You can, but the answer is no I'm not going! Big sigh from him! Well as you say, it will soon be all over for another year.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    My first year of no invite. I won't be going but if I get any feedback from my spies I will let you know.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We received no invite this year. We're heart broken. My spouse is not attending for the 1st year. Decided not to add to their #'s.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I will be going tonight and report back. The congregation places 14,000 memorial tracts. I wonder how many will come?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This a special year for me as regards the memorial. Two or three years ago, I baked my own unleavened bread and bought some Kosher wine. I celebrated on my own as a secret partaker. I told some persons, including my wife, and it sent my life into the rabbit hole.

This year I did not even realize that it is happening tonight in my part of the world! I didn't put out one invitation, or go in field circus. I was thinking the memorial was next month or something. I also didn't worry about "coming out."

Realizing that I completely forgot about the JW meh-mori-hell is awesome! You cannot buy that kind of mental and emotional freedom.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit