Question on an article back in the late 90s

by greenhornet 9 Replies latest watchtower medical

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

A "sister" that was in "truth" was a discussion one Sunday at the meeting .She was in an iron lung ,anyone here might give a link. I dont want a j dum dot com link. Just curious.. thank you

• Earnest
  • greenhornet
    greenhornet

That might be the article and the women, So sad. I wonder how her life would be with the tech today. However she believed in the "new world" that made her cope. And so did my dad (rip) believed in the new world

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wow Green hornet - did you ever put your life story down for posterity??

That story is absolutely heartbreaking rending. Iron lungs were a kind of terror when I was young. We would read such stories with awe. Not that anyone my generation had to suffer the terrible effects of polio....thanks to vaccines. Those were the days when medicine was not so profit driven. I had a great aunt with the condition. She walked with calipers and sticks.

• hoser
    hoser

This was an experience to subtly guilt you into doing more service

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Wow Green hornet - did you ever put your life story down for posterity??

No I did not. It's hard to type out what's in my mind.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - This was an experience to subtly guilt you into doing more service.”

And undoubtedly horseshit, based on anecdotal evidence.

• Earnest
    Earnest
    Vidiot : And undoubtedly horseshit, based on anecdotal evidence.

Her name, place and year of birth is provided in the article. The name of the Witness who called on her is there. The year of her dedication. The name of the person who wrote the article, who had been an attendant to her as a student nurse is provided. Her death was recorded in the Los Angeles Times. Other details of her life are confirmed on Wikitree. What more do you need to believe an account?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think sometimes we doubt anything/everything we hear/read from WT which is not really the case. Not only does that support the JW claim that apostates lie about things, and thereby may hurt the credibility of those who are trying to expose some real WT falsehoods.

It reminds me of the photoshopped pic of a GB member sporting a beard immediately after the removal of the ban on beards was made public. How many times was that circulated only to be later proven to be false?

It really is not necessary to spread falsehoods about WT/JW's. There are enough issues that are "real" to be exposed.

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Meh.

I still call horseshit.

Just ‘cause I can.

🤪

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit