So, What's Been Going On In Watchtower Land Since January 2023?

by JW GoneBad 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

@mylittlepimo736

For those who aren’t aware, when Moriah says she was “privately reproved”, that means that the elders *punished her*.

Private reproval is a form of punishment inside the church where you are under restrictions.

JWs will often punish all parties in consensual relationships outside of marriage and they apparently treated a 14 year old as having done that.

@DiegoTeliz

2 days ago
    Former JW Elder here. The reason Moriah was punished is because within JW policies, a minor can be a "willing participant" of their own abuse. Yes, you read that correctly, a "willing participant".

That's how twisted their policies are. If you google "JW CSA willing participant" you can find a lot a examples. All these reminds me of a phrase I read shortly after leaving the JWs:

"Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what it's right." - H.L. Mencken
  • truthlover123
    truthlover123

Pennsylvania is a wide open any religion child abuse situation- they allow marriages at age 14 I believe it is. What is that but child abuse done legally? Old men/ young girls sick! And they call it a spiritual marriage.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what it's right." - H.L. Mencken

That is so powerful and so true.

Everything about the Borg is follow direction and obey no matter what, even if you don’t understand just follow direction no matter what.

I remember lots of wTowers giving experiences of those who said they didn’t understand direction but followed it then later they were so please they did.

just obey no matter what is the message. Take the vaccine no matter how many people it’s damaging still go and get your booster shots

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit