" We don't need no university education"

by The Rebel 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tallon
    Tallon

I posted on a similar discussion thread that I used to have a speech impediment - I stuttered / stammered.

Giving student talks helped me to overcome this impediment. So I am grateful for that.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

I learned how to use gestures to emphasise points during a talk from the platform. I've learned to use gestures to great advantage since, and I'm still able to give watchtower organization the 'finger'...lol

• compound complex
    compound complex

The Rebel:

Good to see you again!

I enjoyed giving talks, in the era when we had more "freedom of speech," as well as access to research materials now disallowed. Although published somewhat before my entry into Watchtower World, I did enjoy the "scholarly" layout of Equipped for Every Good Work.

The older publications had a level of gravitas that has gone missing, incrementally, from later WT works.

THANKS!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

As a young person, I was plagued with shyness - almost to a crippling degree. There were a number of reasons for that, which I don't intend to elaborate on here. However, I can say that the Theocratic Ministry School did at least help me overcome this difficulty.

Bill

• smiddy
    smiddy

Although published somewhat before my entry into Watchtower World, I did enjoy the "scholarly" layout of Equipped for Every Good Work.

The older publications had a level of gravitas that has gone missing, incrementally, from later WT works.

I totally agree with you CoCo

And this is going back to the fifties and sixties ,and it has been downhill all the way since then .

The negatives against getting higher education for Jehovahs Witnesses has certainly produced fruitage .that does not bode well for the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses .

The dumned down Watchtower and Awake publications ,the inferior paper it is printed on ? the reduced size down to half its original size doesnt look good it is an indication of the business going out of existence..

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks for the replies. I think many of the comments have shown that posters had more affection for the school when a little independent thought was allowed.

compound and complex " I enjoyed the talks when we had more " freedom of speech" as well as access to research materials now disallowed"

Smiddy " The older publications had a level of gravitas that has gone missing"

And the above comments reminded that i did once look on the school affectionally. But I am not sure I could stomach it now.

• S K Ditta
    S K Ditta

How did the theocratic ministry school benefit you?

Perhaps, the art of seeing relations between concepts in a "pre-defined" structure.

And how words in books can connect in ways with realities of actions, words, and behaviors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit