Tonight's Meeting

by Studyover 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton
    The talk that was given this week in the Local needs in all congregations was about using messaging apps wisely.

Dw: is it correct that it said, everyone that starts a theme, campaign or a site will be held responsible for any adverse outcome?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    !'Dw: is it correct that it said, everyone that starts a theme, campaign or a site will be held responsible for any adverse outcome?

Yes, watson...the speaker I heard summed-up his part at the end by emphatically saying 'as with anything else...you start something online...you're responsible for it's outcome'!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...The speaker started out by saying when the elder body were trying to determine who best could handle the part...it turned out that nobody knew what 'Messaging Apps' were.🤣 The speaker admitted he first had to Google the topic to know where to begin. So 45+, 50, 60 & up year old elders are for the most part in the dark regarding this internet trend among the younger JWs. So the concern is really the teenagers, 20 & 30 year olds who are the ones being educated online about this cult & its sorry-ass past by means of these messaging apps!

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yes. As Drearyweather stated, the use of apps for soliciting funds etc was in the outline. Also, the responsibility of starting something and being held to account was in the outline. (A PIMO friend related to an elder confirmed that to me.)

However, as we know, individual elders always throw in their interpretation of a subject.

The one I heard waffled on about what a wonderful provision the service group apps are and how wonderful it now is to be able to donate directly to jwog seeing the publishers can't physically do it at the kh. And please see your group overseer to help you do that.

There was also some gibberish about inadvertently sharing the wonderful spiritual food with apostates.

jtg

P.S. I agree with other comments regarding the popes' efforts to stem the information flow of their history of failures..... Even though the failures are becoming as obvious as dogs balls.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    waton: dw: is it correct that it said, everyone that starts a theme, campaign or a site will be held responsible for any adverse outcome?

No, this is no where in the outline.

The talk was just about messaging apps.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUDYOVER:

I read this topic and several threads on Reddit in response to the JW religion speaking against giving charity on social platforms.

I feel it is nobody’s business if someone wants to give to a charity of their choice. (I, personally, would rather give to a person directly, if I so chose, rather than one of these things somebody sets up.)

But the religion feels any charity should go to them/the Worldwide Work, etc. They feel that if people give to somebody in the congregation that person may be undeserving because of already getting ‘benefits’. The impression I get is they want people to think ‘they’ will care for their needs (??). Well, in all the years I was there I never heard of the religion giving anyone anything..MAYBE if somebody was a well-liked pioneer some people would privately take up a collection for them.

If I had listened to the religion and didn’t work full-time until retirement, I’d be screwed! No way would I have gotten any kind of assistance from them! What are they talking about?

Also, as far as JWs getting handouts and being undeserving..I felt that some of them were just plain con-artists who never wanted to work. Since I was criticized FOR working I had no intention of giving any charity to somebody who DIDN’T want to. There were people there who just wanted somebody ELSE to pay for their ‘everlasting life’. 🙄

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Half Banana Said -

"The self indulgent governing body members live the life of Riley compared to many of the elderly JWs who at their command, gave up education and a career for the false Watchtower Kingdom which never came.

Yet the GB have the nerve to deny charity to their own members when they are jealous of a gift, given with compassion, which they reckon could have gone into their own coffers.

The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are beyond redemption. Where is the humanity let alone Christianity?

Good point, if this joke factory that masquerades as a charity had a mustard seed of compassion and integrity, they would at least manifest their charity by providing some kind of aged care facilities for those that have given their time, energy and money for decades, long after most folk retire. It seem that Babylon the great can manage this for it's members.

RB

• LV101
    LV101

LHG Gold star for you - you're right. The scripture 'if you don't work you don't eat' isn't too popular for lazy JWs.

Elders would ask certain ones in the congregation for monies to cover bills of their faves - made me gag because I knew what their 'faves' were all about.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Even when I was a believing active J.W, I was most uncomfortable with their "only give your money to us" line. I had not seen one shred of evidence in all the years I was in that they actually did anything Charitable with the money.

I now know I was right about that, and how Greedy and Evil they are to deny the chance of people who need it to receive funds donated by JW's who have at least a small bit of Social Conscience !

Money grubbing, self-serving and with no Compassion or Love, that is the Governing Body, and those who pull their strings, for they are puppets of course.

• Overrated
    Overrated

When I was in no matter how hard I would study for meetings, go out in circus and other activities. I was told I was not progressing because I was not giving money to Jeehover.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit