Jehovah's Witness dreams

by truthseeker 8 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one here who experiences this.

I occasionally have JW dreams. The most recent one was me giving a talk in my home congregation. All I had on was my trousers (pants), socks and shoes. I was giving a talk topless! And no one said anything. After that I walked out.

I've had Armaggedon dreams where I'm hiding or trying to avoid being hit by fireballs. Scary stuff.

I think dreams tell us things. Giving a talk while topless may indicate being exposed as an apostate.

The weird thing is I interact with witnesses from my hall. I've had dreams where I know I'm apostate but I'm in the congregation, trying to figure out my escape.

Truthseeker

• Bw5000
    Bw5000

I occasionally get dreams where I suddenly find myself at a meeting or an assembly. I forget exactly what my therapist said about it but it was something like it's how your nervous system processes, detoxifies, and heals. It is a way of airing out all the hidden negative emotions and memories.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

That's what I thought Bw5000, thank you for sharing.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no dreams for many years, can't even remember what they were about.

but I do day dream about jws knocking on my door & me asking them about the ARC, I have not had any at my door for at least 3 years & I'm home most mornings

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

No dreams, and like it that way.

• btlc
    btlc

Sometimes I have dreams about going to field service, but much often about conventions held at unusual places, like hospitals, my old school, beaches, camps and so, we all sitting in waiting rooms or we seat everywhere around, with GB talks on the monitors at every corner. And I trying to find lavatory, or just some privacy to relief myself somewhere in the nature, but i can't, always someone opstruct me till I wake up with full bladder...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes i have too.

I guess it is only natural though. We spent literally our whole lives doing JW activities. So its normal for our brain to draw from those memories at it processes our dreams subconciously.

I wouldnt worry too much about it.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I've had JW related dreams off and on as many here have also commented. Usually I have one every month or so. As I posted here, it's been four years since I've set foot in a Kingdom Hall.

The common themes are similar to yours truthseeker: at a meeting or convention, not dressed properly, not knowing where I'm supposed to sit, where anyone I know is, I'm late ...

And yet for some reason, I've have JW nightmares the last four nights in a row!

Strangely, in my nightmare last night I was actually in a suit and had all the materials ready to consider a Service Meeting part. Unlike the usual dreams (see above), this time I was the only one prepared and ready. There were only a couple of other people there and they weren't prepared; everyone else started showing up late. I got frustrated and left. Very bizarre turn.

Either way: Not fun.

You might also see this recent thread also on this subject by CoCo:

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. Not fun.

I haven't had those dreams in a while though. But when I did, they were quite ''apocalyptic''. About Armageddon. Then the dreams would always stop.

The dreams were like it was hailing so hard, that roofs were falling in on themselves, glass store fronts smashing violently, cars and vehicles smashed to shambles.

Other dreams I remember walking on a sidewalk along a major street, and all of a sudden everything was on fire. Or a cyclone so intense that the pressure inside it your ears felt like they were popping. In any of those dreams I would wake up to a deafening quiet house or the ''apocalyptic'' event would just suddenly stop in mid dream. With people asking, ''why did Armageddon stop?''

Yes, not fun at all.!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit