Witnesses illusion that they have their OWN conscience!! What a joke! Examples.

by Witness 007 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Witnesses always claim to have a "bible trained conscience" yet they are really just Watchtower robots who cant piss without checking with an Elder or Watchtower. An Elder who cuts hair was scared when I asked for a bald buzz cut since my hair was receding and grey. He actually rang a bethel Elder to see if this was okay Watchtower wise! Thats when I realized we really dont have ANY conscience. We have to check in with whatever we are doing. Mindless robots. Most Witnesses sign the no blood card but have no clue about fractions and medical treatments. What a sad bunch!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

And that's why it's considered a cult.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes indeed!

Witnesses do not have individual consciences, but rather a "collective conscience" from the GB.

That is why the term "The Borg" is so appropriate

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

This thread should be bumped once per month. So damn true.

Doing sports officially with your school a conscience matter? NOPE, it's just a no-no

• sir82
    sir82

When filling out a blood card:

"Remind me - what are we allowed to have?"

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Bible trained conscience = WT programmed mind.

And you know the old saying...garbage in garbage out

• tepidpoultry
  • Londo111
    Londo111

I remember on the shaved head rule...if you were black it was okay, but if you were white, it wasn't, even if that person was balding.

• steve2
    steve2

Notice the way their letters from readers page in the Watchtower are cleverly framed - especially regarding "conscience" issues.

Offical answers purport to show different views on a topic at hand but it is clear which way the writers are pushing for the "right" answer.

Bottom line invariably is, Don't go upsetting anyone else in the congregation. But we all know that is code for, Obey the organization's counsel. And all this nonsense about not stumbling others - are those who are easily stumbled in need of their own 'talking to' about not poking their sensitive noses into others' private decisions regarding dress and grooming?

• stillin
    stillin

I'm waiting for a ruling regarding shaking off. Like, "anything more than three shakes is playing with it. There is no Biblical record of Jesus shaking off extensively, therefore 3 shakes is the maximum."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit