First Half of the Book of Hebrews (Study Edition) Now Available Online

by Wonderment 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

APRIL 11, 2024 (Source: jw.org)

WHAT’S NEW

First Half of the Book of Hebrews (Study Edition) Now Available Online

The first half of the Bible book of Hebrews (chapters 1-7) is now available in the study edition of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures on jw.org and in JW Library. This release includes over 200 new study notes along with some new media gallery items. The second half of Hebrews (chapters 8-13) will be published at a later date.

Read chapters 1-7 in the book of Hebrews.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I see they are still claiming this was written by Paul. A consensus of Scholars date this Work to many decades after the death of Paul.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The Early Church Leaders took it for granted that Paul wrote the book of Hebrews. That's good enough for me.

https://www.ao.net/~fmoeller/hebrew.html

On another note, I hope they read the very first verse in Hebrews which says:

"God, who at various times and in diverse ways spoke long ago to the fathers through the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things"

In other words, God NOW speaks through his Son, not prophets or an organization.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    In other words, God NOW speaks through his Son

Couldn't ask him to speak up a bit could you?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Couldn't ask him to speak up a bit could you?

No need. We have the Amplified Bible.

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

Sorry Sea Breeze, I accidentally fat thumbed the dislike twice. Love the joke😅

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    "God, who at various times and in diverse ways spoke long ago to the fathers through the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, . . . . " (Heb 1:1)
    In other words, God NOW speaks through his Son,

WTF? Why would anyone conclude that THESE LAST DAYS (recorded circa 50 AD) has anything to do with NOW?

Of course, persons of every time period of those 2000 years have concluded that THESE LAST DAYS applied to their time period. Seems like all the evidence suggests that they all were wrong.

Some things never change.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

LeeMerk, you can click the "like" option and reverse the dislike that you accidentally left.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@ DesirousofChange

Because the entire church age is the dispensation that precedes the Kingdom.

The “last days” ends at the Rapture. The great tribulation is next followed by the Millennial Reign.

This is the Most common evangelical position with strong early church leader support and some Dead Sea scrolls as well as the book of Enoch which is quoted in scripture.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

blah blah blah yada yada yada Men's T-Shirt

I bought into all that Freddy Franz Last Days BS spin and then add to that the Overlap BS. Not again.

You know why they call them the Last Days? Because they last, and they last, and they last, and . . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit