Spiritual "Protection" - a Menace on Psychological Development

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

'spiritual protection' another term for domination and control.

• Whynot
    Whynot

Beautiful post! I really needed to see it. It's been a tough 4 years for me but these past months as a fader have been the hardest. It's good to understand what and how we process these feelings and emotions. Sometimes it can be overwhelming.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

What a great post! And thanks for sharing my original link. 👍

So many times in the past I have expressed an opinion or raised a query, the result? An elder or two showing me the perfect Watchtower article as if it would magic away all my ills.

Freed from this BS now I am free to make my own decisions. But yes, it took me to break down mentally before I woke up and found cognitive-behavioral therapy and the POWER to question my own beliefs.

Your post jo-ho is an inspiration for the many. Thank you again. 👏👏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    dubstepped - "...Growing up in the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses could be described as outsourcing our problems..."

Damn, that's good.

I'd paraphrase... but not much:

"...joining a cult could be described as outsourcing your problems..."

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

@dubstepped - that video was amazing!

There are so many talented, insightful people on this forum

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Glad you liked the video. I loved Joho's post and knew that it would help people.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Lost in the fog: "Your post jo-ho is an inspiration for the many."

Hey - your original post was what gave birth to this one. Thank YOU for being the inspiration behind this.

@Whynot I didn't realize that these were tougher than usual months for you. I'm only a year faded and sometimes still get taken off guard by emotional setbacks from the cult. Thanks for keeping it real and helping me realistically see that it's okay to not have everything figured out and put behind us so neatly. You're a wonderful parent who has made great sacrifices to ensure your little ones will never go through what we're going through now. Good on you.

@mentalclarity And thank YOU for sharing many of your own insights with me via PM/email when I first joined. I can only imagine how much more you've gained emotionally and intellectually post graduation now. Keep going strong :).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit