anyone else had this following convention

by freeandcontent 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

And this is the religion where you can find the one true love that Jesus spoke of? I think not. It's a petty religion for petty people who like to do petty things to each other.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m with GrreatTeacher on this .It`s her choice , your mother is cutting you off /shunning you .Make her feel the consequences of her actions by not sending her any photo`s , DVD`s, or letters , or e-mails , about your daughter.

She has made her bed let her lie in it.

" Abusers project their bad behaviour on others " so very true.Don`t be a victim It`s also emotional blackmail

smiddy

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I agree with what others have said - this is classic ABUSE at it's highest level. Emotional blackmail...gasslighting...control...blame...manipulation...witholding affection - and the list goes on and on.

I also agree with those that suggest NOT sending pics or keeping your mom pseudo involved in your daughters growth. Please!! If she was that interested in being in her granddaughters life, she would not have any excuses for not doing so...she would just do it. Nobody ever should tell a grown adult who they can associate with.

Im sorry

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Maybe they're paving the way for expansion on the "anyone called a brother" to mean anyone baptised and faded, no matter how long ago.

Next step - billion year contracts.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I've heard people suggest that shunning and DFing may get watered down. I think the precise opposite and the convention is a great example.

Shunning of DFed ones, especially family members, is being reinforced regularly.

They are reiterating counsel about how those who are not DFed but faded and known to be committing sins are treated.

I suspect we shall see more "nice cop, nasty cop" narratives over the coming months and years. Treat those with genuine doubts and problems that are causing them to miss some meetings with love. Treat those who are more cynical or outspoken with their views more harshly.

I was watching Hadriels recent video (jw watch) and noted that the WTS has tweaked Jude 22. They say:

Also, continue showing mercy+ to some who have doubts

Yet most other translations say something like the following:

New International Version
    Be merciful to those who doubt;
    New Living Translation
    And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering.
    English Standard Version
    And have mercy on those who doubt;

The way they word it means they can argue that mercy only needs to be shown to some who doubt - implying others that doubt don't have the right to expect mercy. Who determines the rules for this conditional mercy? Who do you think....?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You should tell your mom that SHE has put you in a difficult position, having to explain to a young child why her grandmother won't come to visit. Tell her that it is entirely her choice to not visit, based solely on some words spoken by others, not her own conscience or her relationship with God, because she was fine visiting you before she went to the convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit