anyone else had this following convention

by freeandcontent 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• freeandcontent
    freeandcontent

So my Mam visited today. She recently went to convention in north east England, Newcastle I think they still have them at. Before she left she said (this is her exact words btw) "YOU have put me in a difficult position and I can't come to see you anymore".

She told me that as I live with my partner and we are unmarried that she can't visit anymore. This is following direction given at the convention. It's a good job my little one was there otherwise my reply would have been laden with expletives!

As always I stayed calm and said no problem. Apparently I am still allowed to email her photos of her granddaughter. What she doesn't get is I have to explain to my little one when grandma isn't coming. It's a real shame what this cult does.

I have possibly seen my Mam for the last time today. Unless they get new light of course Ha.

Anyway I am off to play with sand. Just needed to vent. At least my daughter will never know any of this garbage. No matter what I will always be there and part of her life. Take care all !!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Tell your Mom no one will get DF for visiting her daughter.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

family visits are necessary family business...unless of course its a brain-dead head nodding dub.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Tell your Mum that she's welcome to visit you anytime andyou hope that one day she will develop enough faith in Jehovah to realize that he has the ability to protect her from any harm that you and your daughter may try to inflict on her.

• freeandcontent
    freeandcontent

My door will always be open as life is too short to be bitter. What I found funny was she said if we got married that would fix the problem.

She didn't suggest going back to jw land. If this is a strategy to get people back I don't think it's going to work!! Not that I would have.

• Saename
    Saename
    freeandcontent - Anyway I am off to play with sand.

• freeandcontent
    freeandcontent

That's brilliant!!

Sadly sand time was cut short by rain, good old england lol

• Saename
    Saename

Ah the rain...

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My daughter visit me after 15 years and my soul mate and I are not married, we been together

over 19 years...My daughter is 100% JW...it's hard going against natural affection....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Tell your mother that you spoke to a DF friend with JW family who regularly visits them, and that they mentioned that "necessary family business" IS allowed. So if a JW can visit DF children/grandchildren based on NFB, surely it allows your Mum to do so as well.

Or, lie and say you guys ran off and got married. (Oops! That's NOT lying. It's Theocratic Warfare!)

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit