Bethel downsizing is still coming

by dropoffyourkeylee 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I spoke with a Bethelite (non-US) last week who says that a 20-25% downsize is coming at their Bethel in the fall of 2016. This is in addition to the cutbacks of 2015. More will be sent out 'to the field'.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Glorious contraction is now taking place...

I keep wondering when they will get around to selling Patterson and the Farm.

• sir82
    sir82

Selling Patterson & Wallkill would require much more than a 25% reduction.

Isn't there room for only about 800 or so at Warwick?

• Londo111
    Londo111
    What I meant is after 2016...not layoffs as part of the current migration to Warwick. The other upstate facilities seem redundant as things rebrand from print to video and internet.
  • bohm
    bohm

Hi and welcome (Don't remember seeing you around). can you say which region of the world this was in?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The OP refers to an African Bethel

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

20-25%....Good news indeed!

Londo111

"I keep wondering when they will get around to selling Patterson and the Farm."

My spouse and I were just talking about that this morning. It may not happen this year, but we think it's coming sometime in the near future (just around the corner). lol

• bohm
    bohm

;Thanks. Afrika of all places. Properly the worst place to be laid off :-(.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Not pumping out the same amount of literature and books they once published has really put a dint in the over all scale of the world wide operations.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Thier going digital so no need for all these places. Thier probably going to liquidate every thing they can to hide the money from the lawyers. Then start investing again under different corporations hoping the lawyers won't find the money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit