Another brother steps back

by konceptual99 16 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

maybe he's been throwing a dog a bone.

• kairos
    kairos

I had quite the experience when I resigned as a MS.

I told one elder, in person, that I no longer want to be a servant.
    I also said, I do not want to talk to anyone about it.

They bought that!

They cut me loose within a week or so.

Funny part of the story is the elder running the first part of the meeting pulls me aside and confesses to me of his previous deletion(s) and offered to let me open the meeting in prayer.

I took that. It was amazing.
    I'm sure people were freaking out, especially since I answered three more times after the announcement during the remainder of the meeting.

It was the start of a solid fade.
    Then they triggered me...

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Too much emphasis is put on positions in this organization. I remember how I felt when it was announced that I would no longer serve as an Elder. I did appreciate how the remaining Elders did maintain respect for me by asking me to do assignments in the congregation. It wasn't long before 5 more Elders stepped down. The Society doesn't dignify a deletion of Pioneers, Elders, and MS's. It's always presented as, you, read between the lines.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@Freddo...

Did he sit through the announcement?

Yes - he was doing the sound.

@Pete Zahut

Ha...that's so true and it's encouraged that single JW women seek out single JW men with positions in the congregation. Perhaps he was privately reproved for something, hence the tears. Either way, any move backwards, planned or otherwise, is a big deal in JW land.

Given he was doing the sound I think a private reproof for anything of note is unlikely. Knowing the guy I think there is more to it but I am quietly confident that it's more down to his relationship with the WTS. Don't forget that these days you really have to work at not being an MS or Elder anymore. If you say you are tired they will lower your responsibilities for a bit rather than see you leave. This is a congregation with only one out of around 5 or 6 young men making any attempt to "reach out". I am sure that they would have done anything to keep him on board.

I think the tears are her regretting his decision. I know my wife didn't want me to step down and I know she's not a WT wife careerist. She knew that it was the one thing that was keeping me engaged with spiritual activity. She knew I had doubts and knew that if I stepped down then I would not have the incentive to push through my malaise. I think his wife crying could well be partly the same and, knowing her, I think she knows this is the death of his progress within the WT career ladder.

One thing I have noted is that he rarely answered. I keep an eye out for this as for any appointed man I think it's a real marker of where they are. Keen as mustard young men and servants have their mitts up all the time. When an appointed man never answers then you know something is up.

This is a guy who has really pushed himself in da troof since his mid teens. When someone like that lowers their profile I think you are looking at yet more apathy. If he has been a naughty boy then he will be working to get back in the elder good books. If he is disengaged with the whole thing then expect him to do less and less and less.

• steve2
    steve2

The prospect threat of an announcement that an individual has stopped pioneering or stepped down from a role such as ministerial servant is another calculated way to try to make it very hard to do so.

How many super-sensitive JWs continue in their roles primarily because they couldn't handle the hushed reception and disdainful looks if they stopped pioneering or serving as a ministerial servant or elder?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Public announcements are humiliating, When mine was made , I was so far mentally out that I no longer cared, but my wife found it hard. Wives suffer too , a loss of standing (unofficially) and those little perks like private Ministry territory and organizing things to help her....

BTW Konceptual..be careful you do not give away too much about yourself or where you are...Just saying, friend.........

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Thanks BB. I'm happy with what I've said so far but the reminder is good. It's not wise to be complacent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit